Search Unity

Mad Level Manager - Level chooser and manager

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by genail, Jul 13, 2013.

1. username132323232

username132323232

I'm using an Extension to show a Loading scene. Is it possible to turn that on/off from the script?

I would like to do that because I know in advance when loading a level will take several seconds or a fraction of a second. In the latter case I would prefer to skip the Loading scene.

2. genail

genail

Hi!
    I'm afraid it's currently not possible to skip scenes. As a workaround you may try to build your loading scene with a script that will instantiate all the object on that scene but only when you want to do so. This way you can skip object creation and proceed directly to your playable level.

Piotr

3. username132323232

username132323232

Hi Piotr. Thank you for the idea. It works great. Still, it would be nice if you could add conditional use of loading scenes in the future versions of MLM :)

genail likes this.
  4. ponasoft

ponasoft

Hi,

i am about to start new project using unity 5.6 + playfab (backend platform). Datas will be saved to playfab. i used mal level manager before and i know it uses playerprefs. i wonder is it reasonable to use mad level manager in a game where players data is stored in a backend service. is it easy to integrate it into playfab? i am thinking to call platfab api and save data where you do same thing with playerprefs.

5. genail

genail

Hi @ponasoft,
    Mad Level Manager enables easy integration with 3rd party services. I believe it should be quite easy to integrate it with Playfab as well! Please read the following article: http://madlevelmanager.madpixelmachine.com/doc/latest/advanced/storage_backend.html

If you will have any further questions, don't hesitate to ask!

6. shashwatanand

shashwatanand

Your MAD LEVEL MANAGER is awesome and it made the way very easy for noob like me.

But

I am Having this error in my project with MAD LEVEL LOADING MANAGER

Assets/MLM Loading Screens Addon/Scripts/Editor/LoadingScreenInspector.cs(138,32): error CS0310: The type `string' must have a public parameterless constructor in order to use it as parameter `T' in the generic type or method `MadLevelManager.MadGUI.ArrayList<T>'

Thanks

7. genail

genail

8. shashwatanand

shashwatanand

Hi
    I wanted to know that is there any way to save the player data of how many levels completed even after the game is uninstalled.

9. genail

genail

Hello,
    By default MLM is using PlayerPrefs. On Windows it's in the registry, on OSX and Linux those things are written in files. It may be difficult to read those from different game, but it's possible. I don't have any guide though.

Yet there's an easier way. MLM has a Easy Save 2 integration. If you will decide to save your game progress using file storage, you can easily read this data from any different game.

10. Budgieboy

Budgieboy

Hey I'm having an annoying problem, for some reason in Unity everything works fine, all levels apart from level 1 are locket but for some reason when I build the game only level 2 is locked and level 3 and 4 are unlocked, I have no idea why and I've reset the profile like I said it works fine in Unity is there a file stored somewhere that I'm missing?

11. Budgieboy

Budgieboy

Fixed it, it was getting info from playerprefs stored in Windows Registry

genail likes this.
  12. Anflo

Anflo

How can I do an loading Additive scene.

13. genail

genail

I'm sorry, MLM does not support additive scene loading :-(

14. username132323232

username132323232

Hi. I'm getting several warnings with the latest Unity version. For example:

Assets/Mad Level Manager/Scripts/Base/MadLevel.cs(183,37): warning CS0618: `UnityEngine.Application.loadedLevelName' is obsolete: `Use SceneManager to determine what scenes have been loaded'

15. ponasoft

ponasoft

i hope genail updates kit with new ui and new unity version :)

16. plujak

plujak

@genail Hi, asset store says that MLM is deprecated. What have I missed?

17. Mayureshete

Mayureshete

ya its not supported anymore :(

18. Milo_del_mal

Milo_del_mal

19. fredmiller12345

fredmiller12345

Hi... I am using Example 6 scene... The Carousel spin example... I am wondering if you can point out in the Script where I can SPEED UP the Carousel SPIN... Which Script? What Line? OR is there another way to speed up the Carousel spin that I haven't found...

Currently take a while to spin through all 150 Levels...

Thanks... Great Asset... Fred

20. genail

genail

@fredmiller12345
    Hi!
    If I'm not mistaken, you can twak MadDragStopDraggable script. You will find most properties in base MadDraggable. I believe you can change those in your inspector as well :)

Mayureshete likes this.
  21. 3CHO12

3CHO12

I loved this asset...... Haven’t used it in a while and don’t want to buy another solution if this will still work (I know officially deprecated). Anyone successfully using this with Unity 2017 or 2018??

NeoUnity and username132323232 like this.
  22. wendymorrison

wendymorrison

Is there any chance of this asset coming back because this asset was the best level select asset. I do also know that mad level manager does work in unity version 2018.1.0f2, it would be great if this asset comes back but even better.

23. ponasoft

ponasoft

agreed but it looks like we wont able to use it anymore.

24. wendymorrison

wendymorrison

Hi I know this is depreciated but I am still using it does anyone know how I would do a button to open a settings menu on top of the select level scene.

I have tried it using the unity UI but the select level buttons can still be clicked though.

25. Brutusomega

Brutusomega

Hello,
    Has anyone tried to make it work in Unity 2019?

username132323232 likes this.
  26. Budgieboy

Budgieboy

I don't know anything about coding but my fix seems to be working 2019.3

Attached Files:

username132323232 and NeoUnity like this.
  27. udede

udede

Hello
    I know there is no support anymore, but I am writing in case someone knows the answer to this question.
    When I select an input with the keyboard and slide it to the right, I cannot go to the next page. I can scroll with the mouse, but I need to do it with the keyboard, can you help me? There is one video below.