Search Unity

Mad Level Manager - Level chooser and manager

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by genail, Jul 13, 2013.

1. MrGky93

MrGky93

he can somone say me how on the free layout limit levels per page????
    In the grid layout this will work but in the free layout there is no function

2. genail

genail

Hello Rayleight2116,

There's no pages on the free layout. If you want to place your icons freely on your page, please try the Grid Layout with Manual Setup Method. With it you will be able to freely position your icons and use paging as well!

If this is not what you're looking for, please let me know.

Until the 2nd January I am on vacations. I will reply to all messages as soon as I am back to my computer, but please forgive me the delay :)

Cheers!
    Piotr

3. MrGky93

MrGky93

thx you but when i use grid layout i cant change the lv icons :(
    like in free layout

4. genail

genail

You should be able to do that in the manual mode. Just try it! :)

MrGky93 likes this.
  5. MrGky93

MrGky93

sry thx you read it all :)
    thx

6. MrGky93

MrGky93

hmm i have a problem i have now create 3lvs able manual mode in grid layout.
    Now the problem is before there are three pages and in all the pages are one lv but when i use the manual mode and start it it create all my lvs in page 1 why ???
    I put the lvs in page 1 2 3 but it create allways when i start all my lvs in page 1 new :(
    sry bad english

7. genail

genail

This may be a bug.
    I will look into it and try to fix it if I will be able to reproduce it by tomorrow or Monday. Is that OK? :)

MrGky93 likes this.
  8. genail

genail

I cannot reproduce this :-( Can you send me a screenshot of your Grid Layout inspector view?

Cheers!
    Piotr

9. genail

genail

Hello everyone!

Here's a little sneak preview of what will be available with Mad Level Manager 2.3.0 (will be released really soon!)

First things first. We will be integrating with Easy Save 2 as you might already know. I will write more about it in the near future. Instead I want to show you what I've been working on today. This one will be available in 2.3.0 too!

What's more, you will be able to set drag direction from left to right, right to left, bottom to top, and top to bottom! (until know you could only do left to right movement)

Cheers!
    Piotr

wahyuway likes this.
  10. imtrobin

imtrobin

Can you add support for multiple branch paths

11. genail

genail

Hello Imtrobin,
    For the free layout? I think that it may be already possible by implementing your own TraverseRule. And modifying MadLevelInputControl a little.

Can you share me a little more details what are your needs?

Cheers!
    Piotr

12. imtrobin

imtrobin

13. genail

genail

As I think about it right now, it is totally possible! Just put your icons on the scene, then each icon has this inspector field:

Just set up your icons so levels on different parts will expect different levels to be completed.
    You will have issue with MadLevel.LoadNext() mehtod, because it won't recognize paths. You will have to load next levels using MadLevel.LoadLevelByName().

Please write if you will have more questions!

Cheers!
    Piotr

14. genail

genail

Mad Level Manager 2.2.7 is out and surprisingly it's a quite large update!

New Features
    Improvements
    Bug Fixes
    • Fixed broken after-extensions loading
    • Fixed broken input controller
    • Unity 5: Mad Level Tester was not displayed properly
    • Unity 5: Directional Light was not removed from the empty scene
    • Unity 5: Camera clear flags set to solid color
    • MadLevel.LoadFirstInGroup(Type) was using Async method by mistake
    Also I want to announce that Mad Level Manager 2.3.0 will receive an integration package with Anti-Cheat Toolkit!

Have fun! :)
    Piotr

Keitaro3660 likes this.
  15. Chris-Bevins364

Chris-Bevins364

Hi, First of I love this package its really great. I am trying to set up something That I can seem to figure out.
    Looking at your MadLevelQueryExample I am trying to setup my level select screen to show the earned and total stars for the group it directs to. And Cant figure out how to reference a specific group.

For example Right now I have the Level Select screen with 3 groups in it. I want each of one of those groups to reference the earned/total stars for the groups the direct to. So How do I get a reference to that group?

Appreciate the help
    Chris

16. genail

genail

Hello Chris,

I think that I've sent you this one: http://madlevelmanager.madpixelmachine.com/demos/groups.html
    Isn't it the result that you try to achieve? It's not using queries though, but it can be easily used with this one: http://madlevelmanager.madpixelmach...eries.html#countenabled()-and-countdisabled() :)

Another good way of identifying your group names is to name your level select screens the same as groups.

Please write if you have further questions!

Cheers!
    Piotr

P.S. I will get back after the weekend if you will need more help

17. Mayureshete

Mayureshete

Does loading screen plugin load the level in the background or its just another level in between....? also can we set time to how many seconds the loading screen will last....?

18. genail

genail

Hello Mayureshete,

It is a level between, but it loads level in the background (Unity Pro) or fakes background level loading (Unity free). It utilizes features like Async level loading and DontDestroyOnLoad function.

You can delay level loading (time before the level loading will occur) or delay level display (after the loading).
    http://madlevelmanager.madpixelmachine.com/doc/latest/addons/loading_screens.html

Also you may setup your scene so the Loading Screen script will be disabled at the default, and you can control whenever loading will start just by enabling it :)

Please write if you have more questions!

Cheers!
    Piotr

19. Mayureshete

Mayureshete

How can I get information about specific level is completed....?
    like if level 5 is completed then i have to unlock a few things... or if Level 5 or above level is complete I can unlock something...

20. genail

genail

Hello Mayureshete,

You can do it using the MadLevelProfile.IsCompleted() method by giving the level name or by using Queries.
    If you have a level name and you want to get the following level name, use the MadLevel.GetNextLevelNameTo() method.

Please write if you have more questions :)

Cheers!
    Piotr

21. Mayureshete

Mayureshete

I think Queries is best answer for my question, thank you....

i have another question... below i m pasting my code where im trying to change 2 integers (int currentChar2 and int currentStage)in the if statements but is not working the integer values stays at default values, M i doing something wrong...?
    Code (CSharp):
    1. using UnityEngine;
    2. using System.Collections;
    3. using MadLevelManager;
    5. public class playersecond : MonoBehaviour {
    7.     bool completed = false;
    9.     public static int currentChar2 = 0;
    11.     public static int currentStage = 0;
    15.     public static string Argument;
    18.     public static string First = "1";
    19.     public static string Second = "2";
    20.     public static string Third = "3";
    21.     void MarkLevelCompleted() {
    22.         // sets the level completed
    23.         // by default next level will be unlocked
    24.         MadLevelProfile.SetCompleted(MadLevel.currentLevelName, true);
    27.         // manual unlocking looks like this:
    28.         // MadLevelProfile.SetLocked("level_name", false);
    30.         // remembering that level is completed
    31.         completed = true;
    32.     }
    34.     // Use this for initialization
    35.     void Start () {
    37.         if (!string.IsNullOrEmpty(MadLevel.arguments)) {
    38.             //Argument = MadLevel.arguments;
    39.             Argument = MadLevel.arguments;
    40.         }
    45.     }
    47.     // Update is called once per frame
    48.     void Update () {
    52.         if(Argument == First)
    53.         {
    54.             currentChar2 = 4;
    55.             currentStage = 2;
    56.             MarkLevelCompleted();
    58.         }
    60.         if(Argument == First)
    61.         {
    62.             currentChar2 = 15;
    63.             currentStage = 3;
    64.             MarkLevelCompleted();
    66.         }
    69.     }
    72. }

22. genail

genail

Hello Mayureshete,
    I think that you should Debug.Log(Argument); to see what is contains at the end of your Start() method :)

Cheers!
    Piotr

23. Mayureshete

Mayureshete

Console shows nothing...

24. genail

genail

Do you see the console entry generated by the Debug.Log(), but it displays empty string, or you don't see any entry?

25. Mayureshete

Mayureshete

i dont see any entry in the console

26. genail

genail

This means that Debug.Log() is not executing (execution is not reaching it or the method that you've put it within is not called). Please verify if your script is attached to any game object on your scene, and if yes, put Debug.Log() somewhere else to pinpoint the issue.

27. Mayureshete

Mayureshete

i have attached the script to the game object but when i put debug.log(); it gives error

Assets/Loadingscreen/playersecond.cs(42,23): error CS1501: No overload for method `Log' takes `0' arguments

but when i put Debug.Log(Argument); OR Debug.Log("1"); it wont show anything...

28. genail

genail

As I said before that meant that your code is not executing, you have to debug it to know why.

29. Mayureshete

Mayureshete

interesting, something's wrong in my unity version i think... I made new project and tried same as shown in video and nothing shows in console

30. Mayureshete

Mayureshete

My all problems solved thanks to genial..... amazing support.

31. genail

genail

For the followers:

Mayureshete has found a bug that MadLevel.arguments has been set to incorrect value in some scenarios (e.g. in "before" extension). This bug will be fixed with the release of 2.3.0.

Thanks!

32. BlurTimeTeam

BlurTimeTeam

Hi. Someone can help me? (sorry for my english language) I'm not programmer. I used this code:
    using UnityEngine;
    using System.Collections;
    using System.Collections.Generic;
    using MadLevelManager;

public class EndRound : MonoBehaviour {

void onTriggerEnter(Collider other)
    {
    if(other.gameObject.tag == ("Player"))
    {
    MadLevelProfile.SetCompleted(MadLevel.currentLevelName, true);
    MadLevelManager.MadLevel.LoadLevelByName("Level Select Scene");
    }
    }
    }
    I have not error, But not working when Player touch trigger. Trigger is box Collider. Player is Realistic FPS Prefab main player. I changed main player tag to player. Thanks for your help...

33. genail

genail

Hello,

Please make sure that your Box Collider have Is Trigger option enabled:

c92b9bfa-c822-400f-846e-177bca40d6a3.png

And that your Player has Rigidbody component.

Edit: Change "onTriggerEnter" to "OnTriggerEnter". The case matters!

Cheers!
    Piotr

34. BlurTimeTeam

BlurTimeTeam

Thank you so much, It's workingg.

35. genail

genail

You welcome :)

36. Mayureshete

Mayureshete

I see that in next update the feature of horizontal zoom grid layout, so can we set different texture/sprite for icon of every level...?

and when is the update coming out...?
    just curious...

37. genail

genail

Yep, that's right!
    I'm hoping to release it in next 2-3 weeks. If you're interested, I can send you the beta version :)

38. Mayureshete

Mayureshete

I would love to try it out in my current project.... if you can send it but is the argument bug issue solved in that beta...?

39. genail

genail

Yep! I will send you a private message in a moment.

40. Mayureshete

Mayureshete

Thankyou... :)

41. IOZO

IOZO

Hi,

Do you have PlayMaker Actions to manage Groups already ? I need to navigate into the group/level tree and can't find the right stuff. I can easily add the actions from the API if you don't have that already.

Although could you give us an update on the coming beta/release of MLM.

I was very happy with the U5 compatibility but I'm waiting for the new UI support as well as the advanced star management you announced lately. In my model some level should only be unlocked if you grabbed enough stars from the other level you played. I think this requires the new feature.

thanks

42. genail

genail

Hello IOZO,

Oh snap... What exacly features do you need? I can prepare these for you.

I wanted to publish another update after the release of 2.3.0. I thought that I will finish this version quite fast, but it's still under development.

Things are looking like that:

2.2.8 will be released next week. For this one just see the changelog. It's finished and it's waiting to be tested by the other party.

2.3.0 will introduce long awaited saving system backends. There will be two backend packages available on the release (or shortly after): Easy Save 2 and Anti-Cheat Toolkit. What it is taking so long? I though that I will just save & load Mad Level Manager Profile data using mentioned packages, but that would be just a waste of features that these tools are providing. Of course I won't implement all if it, but here's the diagram about how MLM + ES2 web storage will work.

2.3.0 is about 80% ready.

2.5.0 is the version with real groups and advanced unlocking feature. In my repository this version is about 50% finished.

There's also a branch for 3.0.0. On this branch I did some tests with uGUI, but I cannot jump now directly to 3.0.0 without finishing features that are now in progress. Still I am very exited to get there!

I think that this one you can achieve using queries and one custom script. I will write a PM to you.

Cheers!
    Piotr

43. genail

genail

Hello everyone!

Mad Level Manager 2.3.0 will introduce storage backends. At the time of release there will be two backends available: Anti-Cheat Toolkit and Easy Save 2. Here's the (unfinished) documentation page about it.

The ES2 web backend will be released with a little delay, because I want to make it as good as I can.

What is your opinion? :)

44. genail

genail

It's me again and I have some important news! Unity Asset Store team gave us the ability to send vouchers for our products. Number of these vouchers is limited, I don't want them to go to waste either so I've came up with this little idea...

If you're a Unity3D developer, your game is still in progress and you're interested in acquiring one of my products, then check this out! Each month I will give away free vouchers if at least one person will ask for it :) If you're not interested and you have a friend who is creating his own game, let him know! Of course there are some rules.

This is the first time I'm doing something similar, so if you have any suggestions or questions, please write freely!

Cheers!
    Piotr

45. IOZO

IOZO

I just installed 2.2.8. I was mainly interested with the new group manager as in my scenario I use groups intensively.
    I didn't liked too much how the navigation is currently done between levels and groups and I'm looking for more flexibility. Something more or less like a file and folder structure where we can navigate to parent/children / named level or groups etc.. I see some of that in the API but I'm not sure I can easily achieve all of my goal.

In my scenario, I want to implement a main group which leads to multiple groups of levels.
    I'm using the free layout to display the levels on a map and it works pretty well for the most part.

Now I want to extend my model to implement branches and optional group of levels to be accessible upon conditions (the group of level is kept hidden until a secret is discovered). This is used for bonus level for instance or to hide some secrets in an adventure game. Ideally, I'd like to render the main path and the hidden paths on a single map with the following scenario :

At first, when you open the map, you only see the main path with the first level unlocked and the other still locked.
    When you reach certain conditions, the map is updated and the hidden path are rendered. The player can start to explore the new branch.I was hoping the new group management tool and API would help but I don't see how for now, unless I could address the following issues :

A 'hidden' property (or even better a 'alpha' value) on a group or level icon with appropriate APIs to turn the hidden property on and off or adjust the alpha channel.
    A way to render multiple groups on a single free layout map and I'm not sure I could do that with MLM for now.
    A way to manage branches when unlocking a branch-type level, with the current API.

I could maybe do that with multiple scenes but I find it heavy and would prefer to use some group management solutions for this scenario.

46. genail

genail

Hello IOZO,

I think that I can modify free/grid layout to make it display level icons from multiple groups. This would be a quite nice feature!

Also I think that I can modify the free layout, so some icons can be hidden.

Unlocking a branch can be done by using MadLevelQuery. I will provide you a code snippet when I will implement the previous.

Is that OK? :)

Cheers!
    Piotr

47. IOZO

IOZO

That's perfect and it will make MLM even better. In which version you think this could become available ?
    I have another request. Is it possible, instead of the current lock icon which is displayed on top of the level icon, to have two icons, one for the unlocked state, one for the locked state. It would be more consistent with some design, mainly with the free layout.

BTW, I saw a small bug in the group manager. If you edit a group name and cancel, the name field is erased in the edit box.

thanks

48. genail

genail

I think this will be available in 2.3.0 that I am finishing right now. I can send you the RC version soon.

It is possible to have locked and unlocked icons as well. Please see this one. :)

And thank you for the bug report! I will look into it!

49. Charlie_T

Charlie_T

How can I add code to add star 1, 2, 3 when level completed?

50. genail

genail

Hello Charlie_T,
    Did you mean the code itself? For the first star it usually will be:

Code (CSharp):
    1. MadLevelProfile.SetLevelBoolean(MadLevel.currentLevelName, "star_1", true);
    If you want to enable second and the third star, just repeat this replacing "star_1" with "star_2" and "star_3". :)

Cheers!
    Piotr