Search Unity

MacOS notarization fails - lib_burst_generated.bundle uses uses an SDK older than the 10.9

Discussion in 'Burst' started by brettj, Apr 25, 2020.

1. brettj

brettj

When trying to notarize my game through Apple, I get the an error related to "
    app/Contents/Plugins/lib_burst_generated.bundle". It says,
    "The binary uses an SDK older than the 10.9 SDK." I checked and it looks like that bundle is using 10.8.

Also, I looked in Xcode and I only see 10.15 SDK installed, so I don't understand how this is happening.

I'm running MacOS 10.14.6, Unity 2019.3.9, Burst 1.30 preview 9, Xcode 11.3.1.

2. tim_jones

tim_jones

Unity Technologies

Thanks for reporting this. It is indeed a bug in Burst, which uses the 10.8 SDK. We'll fix this in the next preview version, to be released hopefully later this week. In the meantime, there isn't really a workaround other than disabling Burst, so we'll get this fixed asap.

brettj likes this.
  3. Lee_Hammerton

Lee_Hammerton

Unity Technologies

@brettj Could you try this :

Make sure build settings Target Platform is set to Mac OS X
    the go to Project Settings -> Burst AOT Settings and Tick the `Use Platform SDK Linker` box,

then build

This might allow you to workaround the problem.

brettj likes this.
  4. brettj

brettj

That workaround worked.

What does that "Use Platform SDK Linker" do? I thought Burst was platform specific as a requirement (can't build Mac IL2CPP on Windows and vice versa), but I guess that's not what it is referring to.

Thanks for help!

Lee_Hammerton likes this.
  5. Lee_Hammerton

Lee_Hammerton

Unity Technologies

Burst 1.3.0 introduced cross platform build support for Burst (windows/linux/mac desktops Mono targets only), That setting disables the cross platform linking and uses the native linkers. I've now fixed notarization for mac when using the cross compilation compatible linker (1.3.0-preview.11 should contain the fix).

tim_jones and brettj like this.