Search Unity

Resolved MacOS microphone noise

Discussion in 'Vivox (Voice & Text Chat)' started by KT_unity, Sep 8, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KT_unity

KT_unity

Hi,
    I'm using Vivox in my app and have the noise in voice chat. I've tested it in my Mac environment with Built-in Microphone, External Microphone, and Bluetooth Microphone. The noise only appears when using External Microphone.
    I also created the empty project and built the Vivox sample scene to test and there is a noise on Macbook External Microphone. Please see the video for more detail.

Unity version: 2020.3.36f1
    MacBook Pro 2020 (intel processor)
    macOS Monterey 12.3.1
    Vivox version: 15.1.180001-pre.5

Does anyone know how to fix it? Any help would be appreciated.
    Thank you for reading.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2022
  2. dylan_unity3d

dylan_unity3d

Unity Technologies

Can you please tell me more about your external microphone? What brand, how is it connected, etc.

Is it possible for you to make an empty test project and add our ChatChannelSample as shown in these docs: https://docs.vivox.com/v5/general/unity/15_1_180000/en-us/Default.htm#Unity/chat-channel-sample/chat-channel-sample-overview.htm. I'd like to confirm if the issue exists with your code, the microphone, Unity, etc.

3. REDACT3D_

REDACT3D_

'sounds like' bad analog to digital. maybe driver or dongle issue?
    try and record a clean track on some other audio workspace and see if the bad audio persists.
    does it?

4. dylan_unity3d

dylan_unity3d

Unity Technologies

I going to close out this forum post due to inactivity. I hope this is because you were able to resolve your issue. If you are still experiencing issues or run into another problem, please create a new forum post.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.