Search Unity

  1. Welcome to the Unity Forums! Please take the time to read our Code of Conduct to familiarize yourself with the forum rules and how to post constructively.
  2. Join us on Thursday, June 8, for a Q&A with Unity's Content Pipeline group here on the forum, and on the Unity Discord, and discuss topics around Content Build, Import Workflows, Asset Database, and Addressables!
    Dismiss Notice

macOS Install or Documentation Bug

Discussion in 'Unity Accelerator' started by mcarriere, Dec 13, 2021.

  1. mcarriere


    Sep 14, 2012
    Howdy -- just spent a little bit of time debugging this, so I figure I'd start a thread in case anyone else runs into a similar issue.

    I decided to get Accelerator up and running in an attempt to speed up our CI builds; and installed it on one of our macOS servers. (Currently running Big Sur.) We're not using Collaborate, so we just needed to do the manual install.

    I did the following:

    * Downloaded the DMG linked from the docs.
    * Copied the app to my desktop, and ran the installer.

    After running that, I couldn't access the dashboard. It's worth noting, I'm also running a webserver on this server, so I knew I was going to need to change the ports to some non-default setup.

    Even editing the config to specify a nonstandard HTTPPort config value, reloading the service via launchctl did nothing. After more testing, I found out that it worked and read my config when I ran ./unity-accelerator run

    This lead me down another path; here's the default LaunchAgent values:


    and doing a bit more digging, I ran ./unity-accelerator run --help and saw this:

    --persist s Path where persisted data is stored; i.e. where the unity-accelerator.cfg file is. Default:


    However, by default, the config is being put alongside the unity-accelerator binary, not where the persistent data is.

    Once I copied this cfg over to the persistent data directory, launching the accelerator on macOS via the launchctl started succeeding.

    Seems like a bug to me -- either in where it's being saved by default, where it's being loaded, or something else entirely.

    Regardless -- confusing as hell to figure out on my own. Please update the documentation to cover this or fix this issue.