Search Unity

Question macOS camera not working in Game window

Discussion in 'AR' started by zmigmbh, Sep 28, 2022.

1. zmigmbh

zmigmbh

Hello everyone,
    It's my first time using the XR plugins, so maybe I just misconfigured something. I am trying to develop an AR application for Android, iOS, macOS and Windows. Unfortunately on my Macbook Pro (macOS 12.6) the screen stays black, when I click on the play button. I would like to test all my animations, but Unity isn't even asking if it can access my camera.
    I am using the sample scene provided by Unity and activated "Mock HMD Loader" for macOS in the XR Plug-in Management settings, because Magic Leap and Oculus aren't what I'm looking for and OpenXR doesn't support macOS.
    Unity doesn't seem to recognize the built-in camera of my Macbook. Is the Mac camera unsupported or did I miss something within the configuration?
    I couldn't find any tutorial on how to create an AR-app on macOS, beside some old ones with Vuforia and EasyAR.

2. DevDunk

DevDunk

I think you have to use an older variant, or a custom AR system with OpenCV, since Mac does not support ARKit

3. zmigmbh

zmigmbh

Thank you for your reply. Unfortunately this also doesn't work on Windows. I am porting an old EasyAR project to the XR plugin and need to check a lot of animations and settings. Building the application every time on an iOS or Android device would be laborious. Is there a workaround I can do?

4. DevDunk

DevDunk

You can make a script to automate builds, other than that not really sadly

5. zmigmbh

zmigmbh

Do you have a tutorial/snippet? This sounds interesting

6. DevDunk

DevDunk

Nope, seen someone do it online a few weeks back, but that's lost in history for me.

Incremental ios builds on unity 2021 also will be benefitial probably

7. andyb-unity

andyb-unity

Unity Technologies

DevDunk likes this.