Search Unity

MacBook Pro Retina + Unity 4.1.5 Issue

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by huran438, Jun 12, 2013.

1. huran438

huran438

Hi all. I bought new MacBook Pro Retina 15 and installed Unity. But it haven't support for Retina, all UI in IDE is pixeld, and i cannot work in it... How can i solve this problem?

Screenshot is too small, but when you are seeing display it looks pixeled(((

$UnityIssue.png

2. CatchCo

CatchCo

So Unity3d is not retina-capable, but I've learned to look past it especially because I use the (near) max resolution. If you go to System Preferences > Displays and choose Resolution = scaled, you will be given an option to enable the higher resolution settings. Once you do, the UI will be fairly small but you have a lot of room to work with.

My settings:
    $2013-06-11_20-56-47.png

One word of warning: due to the weird way the Asset store UI is built, it is pretty much unusable on a retina macbook pro. I have to use the web version of the asset store just to browse it.

3. huran438

huran438

Thanks a lot. But will Unity support Retina in near future???!

4. roberto_sc

roberto_sc

There is a trick which works for some IDEs that consists in expanding the package contents on .app and changing the plist for High Resolution Capable to True, but it doesn't work for Unity 4.1.5.

I got disappointed when I first saw this, but you'll get used to it. The important is that MonoDevelop and your game is not affected by this pixelation.