Search Unity

1. Curious about what's going to be in 2020.1? Have a look at the 2020.1 beta blog post.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Want to see 2020.1b in action? Sign up for our Beta 2020.1 Overview Webinar on April 20th for a live presentation from our evangelists and a Q&A session with guests from R&D.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Interested in giving us feedback? Join our online research interviews on a broad range of topics and share your insights with us.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. New Unity Live Help updates. Check them out here!

Dismiss Notice

Mac version UI feedback

Discussion in 'Editor Workflows' started by Lars-Steenhoff, Feb 13, 2020.

1. Lars-Steenhoff

Lars-Steenhoff

Here are a couple if thoughts and feedback about the current UI on the Mac.
    • The new grey title bar is not native to Mac, it does not follow the mac title bar color. please allow a preference to switch between native and gray. I know its to match the light and dark theme but the MacOS also has a way to do this. and I like to choose my title bar color from the os. ( Normal native behaviour. )
    • Popup windows are now using native Mac controls ( left side) that is how it should be, thanks.
    • Please allow us to pin popup windows to the top. so they are not behind the main unity window

2020.1.0a23
    Screenshot 2020-02-13 at 23.45.55.png

This is 2019 and the title bar is native
    Screenshot 2020-02-13 at 23.42.58.png

The project window font size on the right side don't match the left side ( inconsistent )
    Screenshot 2020-02-13 at 23.31.08.png

@willgoldstone

Last edited: Feb 14, 2020
    transat likes this.
  2. transat

transat

On the subject of Unity windows on a mac... if possible I'd like a way to allow Unity to be full-screen on both screens when using a dual screen set-up. Currently the 2nd screen only allows a floating panel. Windows from other apps sometimes appears underneath my floating Unity panel (because it hasn't locked off the entire display to itself).

unityunity