Search Unity

Mac Touch

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by bloodtiger10, Nov 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bloodtiger10

bloodtiger10

Edit: No more posts!

2. mehware

mehware

i dont get it... is it just a modded laptop to be a touch screen?

3. Bones3D

Bones3D

Hmm... Any benefit to this over the Axiotron ModBook units sold by Other World Computing?

4. bloodtiger10

bloodtiger10

2 things 1 I will not sell any

2 This is a special mac touch can be used by swiping hand over screen from 1 feet away so you can control without touching it and it is specially designed for unity coming in the pro version 10 GB of ram and a 6.3 processor.

also it has a program on it for unity3d pro version by adding a script database for unity3d pro!!!

no more posts unless u want one!

5. defmech

defmech

You aren't selling them? Are you giving them away then?

6. Jessy

Jessy

Booooooooorrrrrrriiiing. My TI-82 calculator from 1996 had twice as good of specs than that, and I can still control it, in that year, from right now. It's really fun messing with my 14-year-old self, and having a bunch of new memories simultaneously flooding my brain.

Maybe next time you should invent the Warp Drive or something. Or like, a talking cabbage. Something that isn't old news, man. :roll:

7. Randy-Edmonds

Randy-Edmonds

8. antenna-tree

antenna-tree

9. Scrat

Scrat

wow this whole topic is so weird

10. Jessy

Jessy

It was completely absurd from the start, and then this guy comes at us with "6.3 processor". I love it. :eek:

11. Charles Hinshaw

Charles Hinshaw

It starts like this, and you are like... "$#@% Yeeeahhh!! That is so #@$!in' awesome! It doesn't get better!"

... and then it does.

12. bloodtiger10

bloodtiger10

yeah I kinda know this but I really can't give it away but the processor is (to not lie) 3.3.

Also I can make any scripts for u guys and modifie any computer to run like this for a modest price.

Also If you want the unity3d stuff I will get it for maybe for a modest price.

13. bloodtiger10

bloodtiger10

well let me rephrase that, I will give it to you for free if you know what to say and what to do(I'll give you a hint part of it is on my website www.dreamerco.tk

search through the pages then you'll find out.

14. Jessy

Jessy

Well, that's quite a significant drop from the "6.3" you promised, isn't it!??!?!!?!? :evil:

(How the heck did this guy find our boards?? I can't believe he's actually typing almost-real sentences.)

15. MatthewW

MatthewW

I can't decide if you're a kid with a lot of imagination--which is awesome--or a delusional adult (which is kind of creepy).

16. 64746c

64746c

I'm thinking delusional/troll kid who's trying to make money by advertising on his site and getting people to visit it based on false premises. That seems most likely, anyway.

17. Jessy

Jessy

I thought so too, but he's really put a lot of effort into some pretty un-optimized Unity code, I found, by searching for his name.

18. 64746c

64746c

Most of that code is directly copied from scripts on the wiki. The rest of it is more or less completely useless. For example, stuff like this:
    Code (csharp):
    1. static function GetSystemTime()
    2. {
    3.     return DateTime.Now;
    4. }
    Which is exactly the same as referencing DateTime.Now directly (except it's a tiny bit slower).

Edit: Souce: http://forum.unity3d.com/viewtopic.php?p=105140

19. Jessy

Jessy

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!

I don't doubt you in the slightest. I just find that to be a hilarious statement. You think the idea was to try to get on our good side, and then steal our money?

20. 64746c

64746c

I think it's partially so people will visit his site more (traffic to the blog in my signature jumps every time I post something). Besides that, who knows? He could just be trying to get some recognition.

21. mehware

mehware

My iPhone is just a smaller version of that...

22. bloodtiger10

bloodtiger10

fine you really want to know eh. Well I am a kid, 19. I also do not do this for some absurd reason. I did this so that I could see if people are actually interested in this because I have made such a thing except for the 6.3 processor, that much is a lie. The rest actually exists, I made this using a macbook pro then taking away the keyboard, finally adding the hardware in there besides the keyboard stuff into the top part. then I installed a infrared camera into the top of the screen, similar to the IPhone's. After that I made some software that takes the input form that in C++ in xcode that converts it to mouse clicks and the other operating stuff. After that I made another program that is the keyboard you see in the picture on the website, which by the way will be a new address soon. Then for the scripts I added a plugin for unity3d pro that goes to the wiki and a bunch of other sites searching for unity3d scripts that work by running ti in the background for errors. After that I set it up so that in unity3d pro there is a menu in the menu bar that has all the scripts sorted by category using a predefined set of functions that define where each script goes. Then I added a special screen to the mac touch that allows for better reading of touching the screen so that it can detect a finger from a apple. Then I put it on my website then this.

Edit: I did not do this for website traffic or recognition, I did this for commercial purposes, i.e. Dreamer co.

23. Charles Hinshaw

Charles Hinshaw

...or, you took this image (note that it is available on a few other sites too) based on mockups from Apple's patents and put it on your site.

24. Jessy

Jessy

NICE ONE!

(My favorite part was when he was saying that you could use it from up to a foot away. But he went back on that, with the last post.)

Dude, why are you wasting everybody's time, including your own? Don't you have better things to do than cloud the internet with gibberish? You're giving me the impression that you're some kind of spam-email-in-human-form beast.

25. Charles Hinshaw

Charles Hinshaw

Seriously, this has to stop. You can't do this here... if you have a legitimate product or service, this forum is pretty good about letting people promote themselves to the community -- but you can't pull down pictures from a site and try to sell hardware any more than I could pull down a screenshot from some EA game and offer licensing of "my" game to people. That doesn't work.

If it wasn't so entertaining by being outrageous, I'm sure that there would have been a much harsher reaction, but the novelty has worn off and it isn't that funny anymore. Drop the Mac Touch stuff and stop cutting and pasting code from the Wiki into massive scripts that you "wrote". If you want to contribute to the forum, you need to actually contribute in a constructive way. This is two pages long now, and that is two pages too many.

26. bloodtiger10

bloodtiger10

Ok I see people are interested in this topic and that's enough. Please no more posts this was just an Idea to see if people were interested in this thing. Please lock this thread soon!!! I am sorry if I hurt any one in any way and I am sorry about all the commotion and I am sorry about everything else.

PLEASE LOCK THIS POST
    :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!:

thank you

27. Charles Hinshaw

Charles Hinshaw

Let's just let it sink.

28. Dakta

Dakta

Dang! You beat me to my post about the image being from Mac Life. I guess mine never really posted itself..... :( I was going to say that that image was from an Issue of Mac Life that I got a while back about apple's patents.......... Not no mention the fact that that keyboard looks like the one from the iPhone/iPod Touch......

Think about it this way....... I'm only 14, but I type better than this "kid", who claims to be 19.......

If you don't put in enough energy to capitalize letters and use correct grammar, it makes it seem like we the community aren't important enough to deserve the respectful use of grammar. It also makes it seem like you have better things to do than ask us these unrealistic questions, about a product that you won't even post real pictures of.

It makes this entire thing seem like a ridiculous sham by some unimaginative kid with nothing better to do than try to scam us into buying something that probably doesn't exist (even if it does, we have yet to see real proof....)!

-- Dakota

29. bloodtiger10

bloodtiger10

let me say one thing do you really think I'm 19 and this does exist now STOP POSTING.

30. Dakta

Dakta

No, and no.

But I'm quite sure I'm 14!

(Why should we listen to you? You're the scam artist here, not us bub! This is a perfect example of a lame scam, now STOP WASTING OUR TIME!)

Good luck with Unity!

31. bloodtiger10

bloodtiger10

pm me if you want to argue more and sometime all go to the unity3d convention sometime and show you it exists OK now no more posting!!!!

:!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!:

somebody please tell an administrator to lock this thread.

32. Lallander

Lallander

No more posting. Got it. :roll:

33. HiggyB

HiggyB

Unity Product Evangelist

</thread>

This thread is done.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.