Search Unity

Mac OSX 10.5 support

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by MegadethRocks, Dec 10, 2013.

1. MegadethRocks

MegadethRocks

I just finished my company's first product done entirely in 4.x this week. As we were rolling the beta out to some of our customers, we found that none of our builds work on OSX 10.5.x. I'm currently building with 4.1.2, as I didn't want to upgrade in the middle of trying to get everything ready for release. Has anyone been able to release OSX standalone apps that work with 10.5? From the few forum posts I've seen mentioning this it looks like no one from Unity has responded to this issue.

http://forum.unity3d.com/threads/200950-Is-there-support-for-OS-X-10-5-8
    http://forum.unity3d.com/threads/210126-Unity-developed-content-on-OS-X-10-5-8

I realize that not everyone targets 10.5.x and it's not a big deal to most people, but I just ran the numbers on one of our products and 10.5.x represents just over 12% of our mac installs. I have to get this figured out before we release this to everyone. If anyone has any workarounds for this I would appreciate some help.

2. Eric5h5

Eric5h5

Volunteer Moderator Moderator

As far as I know, builds that work with 10.5 aren't possible with Unity 4. I have a machine that runs 10.5.8 and it can only run builds made with Unity 3.

--Eric

3. MegadethRocks

MegadethRocks

Do you know if they officially dropped support for it? I remember when they dropped PPC and 10.4 because there were big announcements for it. I haven't heard anything about 10.5 though. I even went back through all of the release notes and couldn't find anything.

Hopefully I don't have to try rebuilding this project in 3.x because that would suck. I guess that's what happens when you work with Elementary schools and their stupid old macs. :)

4. Eric5h5

Eric5h5

Volunteer Moderator Moderator

I don't recall seeing an announcement, and in fact the system requirements page still lists 10.5.8, but nevertheless I'm pretty sure it happened cuz stuff just don't work no more in 10.5. ;)

--Eric