Search Unity

Mac OS X El Capitan for IOS game publishing

Discussion in 'macOS' started by orientapps, Jul 24, 2017.

1. orientapps

orientapps

Hi, I have bought a second hand mac mid 2008's. I upgraded the OS to El Capitan but cannot be upgraded to Sierra because of system requirements. Can I sill use El Capitan for publishing? What xcode version is compatible to El Capitan? Thanks in advance.

2. JoeStrout

JoeStrout

I can't keep track of the goofy names, but for what it's worth, I'm on OS X 10.11 and it works fine.

My guess is you'd probably be OK with 10.10 too, but probably not before that.

3. orientapps

orientapps

Hi @JoeStrout, thanks for the reply. Can you tell me the version of x code you're using? TY.

4. JoeStrout

JoeStrout

My Xcode is at 8.2.1, though I haven't had occasion to update it in a couple months (and probably should).

5. orb

orb

Xcode 8.3.3 is the latest stable and it requires macOS 10.12. It includes the iOS 10.3.1 SDK, but you should be able to build and submit with an earlier version. Any 8.x is safe for now, but Xcode 9 is coming in a couple of months, so at least some 8.x versions could be obsoleted as a result.

The validate function in Xcode both validates your package and your SDK, really. It'll tell you if it's built with a version which is too old.

JoeStrout likes this.
  6. orientapps

orientapps

Hmm. So I need really the latest mac computer to publish :( Sooo expensive. Thanks to both of you.

7. JoeStrout

JoeStrout

Not the latest. Find a third-party (i.e. non-Apple) Mac store in your area, and you'll be able to pick up a refurbished Mac just a year or two old that will work fine at half the price.

I develop on a 2012 MacBook Pro, and it works great.

8. orientapps

orientapps

@JoeStrout Sounds good idea. But for now maybe I have to try Macincloud. Thanks!

JoeStrout likes this.