Search Unity

Mac OS Submission Errors Due to Plug In Bundle Identifier

Discussion in 'macOS' started by topXight, Jan 13, 2020.

1. topXight

topXight

We are using a lame plug-in and when we follow the Unity defined process for Mac Submission (update its info.plist file with your bundle identifier and version strings. Right click on the .app file and click show package contents, locate the info.plist file and update the CFBundleIdentifier string to your application’s bundle identifier.)

We get following error by Application Loader:

ERROR ITMS-90334: "Invalid Code Signature Identifier. The identifier "com.sgkj.lame" in your code signature for "lame" must match its Bundle Identifier "com.sgkj.lame.XXX”

If we leave it default as specified by the developer of the plugin then we get this error:

ERROR ITMS-90511: "CFBundleIdentifier Collision. The Info.plist CFBundleIdentifier value 'com.sgkj.lame' of ‘XXX.app/Contents/Plugins/lame.bundle' is already in use by another application."

Any suggestions on how this could be resolved?

2. topXight

topXight

Ok after further research I discovered an undocumented option for codesign (--remove -signature) that allowed me replace the bundle identifier in Info.plist and upload the app successfully via Application Loader!

3. Gubendran_Vins

Gubendran_Vins

Hi @topXight,
    I am facing the same issue. Could you please give some more info about the solution you found?

Thanks.

4. topXight

topXight

@Gubendran_Vins As I have mentioned in this case it is a 3rd party plug-in and the it is not being maintained. So I found this code sign option w--remove signature and then code signed it with mine. Try it on the bundle that is giving you conflict.

Gubendran_Vins likes this.