Search Unity

Mac OS (standalone) provisioning profile required to test, how to assign ?

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by shastr, Nov 17, 2021.

1. shastr

shastr

Hello! Recently Apple has made changes that enable an external Mac OS app testing via testflight and after every upload to the App Store there will be a message

ITMS-90889: 'Cannot be used with TestFlight because the bundle at “appname.app” is missing a provisioning profile. Main bundles are expected to have provisioning profiles in order to be eligible for TestFlight.'

How to setup that provisioning profiles ? I mean you have to specify developer certificate what is done of course (otherwise it wont be possible to send the build) but how to specify provisioning profiles without xcode (for mac os apps)

Last edited: Nov 17, 2021
  2. krupps

krupps

did you specify it in the release in xCode? You can also set this in the player settings. I set the team and provision profile. Also on the mac you can open the provision profile and verify it works. Check your id numbers

3. shastr

shastr

as i said i did not use xcode for that build. Clear unity :)

4. SchroedersKater

SchroedersKater

Have you been able to resolve this issue? I downloaded my provisioning profile from Apple and included it at the Contents folder. But then I got the message that it is not signed. OK, I signed it with codesign, but that didn't help either. Any idea?

Thank you
    Thomas

5. krupps

krupps

How are you publishing directly from Unity, I thought you had to create the build then open in xCode to publish to the app store? I would love to skip that step

6. Asl

Asl

I'm facing this issue and have no clue how to solve it. I can't find any clues even on Apple's website and it's getting frustrating. Have you or anybody else been able to solve this problem?

7. bakno

bakno

Same problem