Search Unity

Mac OS Mojave and Unity 5.6/5.5 Compatibility

Discussion in 'iOS and tvOS' started by cmc4543, Oct 18, 2018.

1. cmc4543

cmc4543

Hi all,

I read a previous thread similar to this issue, but still wasn't able to find a solution. I have Unity projects in versions 5.5 and 5.6 and recently updated to Mac OS Mojave 10.14.

My Unity projects in those versions now have serious issues, most notably the asset folder appears empty in the editor and the project appears corrupted (screenshot attached). This is the case for all 5.5/5.6 projects on my machine while running Mojave.

My previous Mac OS was Sierra and none of these issues were present on that version.

I have a time machine backup of my computer from Sierra, but I am hesitant to revert because I will lose the ability to use Unity ARKit. It also feels risky to load from a disk image, particularly since I don't know the last one time machine has made.

I also tried upgrading my projects to Unity 2018 but they broke. Does anyone have any advice on how to resolve this situation as I am quite stuck. :(

Thanks,
    Chris

Attached Files:

2. OwlBoy-

OwlBoy-

This sounds similar to issues known in macOS High Sierra. They are probably the same issues from there.
    The workaround (other than upgrading Unity) is to put your projects on a drive that is not formatted in APFS.

NeverDontPlay likes this.
  3. OwlBoy-

OwlBoy-