Search Unity

Mac Mojave Networking issue

Discussion in 'Scripting' started by acmshar, Sep 28, 2019.

1. acmshar

acmshar

We have an issue with some of our users who are on Mac Mojave (not all that are on Mojave, and it doesn't seem to be a specific subversion number, though I am currently confirming that). We have a script that sends information to our database to track player progress, but a very small fraction (about 30 out of 3800) just can't connect to our database at all. We have also confirmed that turning the firewall off does not fix the problem.

They receive either 'Unable to complete SSL connection' or 'Failed to receive data' (I'll update if I can rule out one of these error messages as being not the same problem).

We have built the project with Unity 2017.4.22f1 (I'm in the process of upgrading to 2018.2.21f1 to see if that fixes it) and our networking calls are using the WWW class for post and get calls.

Edit: upgrading to 2018.2.21f1 did not change the behavior at all.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2019
  2. levwsr

levwsr

We are having a similar issue. Were you able to make any progress on this @acmshar ?? Did you submit a bug to unity?

3. acmshar

acmshar

No solution so far. We did recently upgrade to 2018.4 and using the new Unity Web Requests and got a more specific error: Curl error 56: Received HTTP code 502 from proxy after CONNECT.

I opened a bug report, but we couldn't reproduce the error consistently so I put it on hold until we got new users. We have a new set of users starting now, so I may be able to debug with them soon to see if we can find a resolution.