Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Mac-Issue logging into Unity app with Google ID

Discussion in 'Getting Started' started by ckhord, Jul 11, 2018.

1. ckhord

ckhord

Greetings! I know I mush be missing something but it is not obvious what. I opened an account at the website using Google account ID, and downloaded and installed Unity app. When I launch the app, it asks me for email and password with no option to use Google ID. I tried my Google email and ID but that was not recognized. I see my settings has a space for password but it won't show me what that is, and I didn't want to edit that password without getting more info because just using an email/password combo defeats the purpose of using the Google login. I saw there was a bug on this, but the ticket says fixed. However, it doesn't seem fixed from this end, and I reinstalled today, so I am absolutely using the most recent build. Would it be simple to just delete my account and start over, because I am getting nowhere, and it's been frustrating.

2. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

Can you show a screenshot of the Unity start up screen? I just launched Unity, and there is clearly a "Sign in with google" button on the right hand side.

3. ckhord

ckhord

Sure thing, and thanks for posting! Here's what I've got. My eyesight's none too good but I don't see that here.

Unity-Mac sign in.png