Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

Mac - Export XCode Project

Discussion in '2019.3 Beta' started by wagenheimer, Nov 4, 2019.

1. wagenheimer

wagenheimer

Using Unity 2019.3b9 I was able to export my MAC build for Xcode. But I have these 2 problems :

- I was only able to successfully build on Xcode if I remove all references to InApp Purchasing from the Unity Project.
    - But now I can build, but I can't CodeSign it. On Xcode I selected "Automatically Manage Signing", but the build fails with :

Code (csharp):
    2. CodeSign /Users/cezarwagenheimer/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/Secrets_of_Magic_1-aiwoenrzrwzzhyfnpnnstizwybfh/Build/Intermediates.noindex/ArchiveIntermediates/SoM1\ -\ The\ Book\ of\ Spells/InstallationBuildProductsLocation/Applications/SoM1\ -\ The\ Book\ of\ Spells.app (in target 'SoM1 - The Book of Spells' from project 'Secrets of Magic 1')
    4.     cd /Volumes/Dados\ (HD\ ANTIGO)/Games/Builds/Mac/Mac\ App\ Store/Secrets\ of\ Magic\ 1
    6.     export CODESIGN_ALLOCATE=/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Toolchains/XcodeDefault.xctoolchain/usr/bin/codesign_allocate
    10. Signing Identity:     "Apple Development: Cezar Wagenheimer (XY8JAZMPT6)"
    14.     /usr/bin/codesign --force --sign CDB4F4E16E08EDAF76F7BA02DE8381E8353A6679 --entitlements /Users/cezarwagenheimer/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/Secrets_of_Magic_1-aiwoenrzrwzzhyfnpnnstizwybfh/Build/Intermediates.noindex/ArchiveIntermediates/SoM1\ -\ The\ Book\ of\ Spells/IntermediateBuildFilesPath/Secrets\ of\ Magic\ 1.build/Release/SoM1\ -\ The\ Book\ of\ Spells.build/SoM1\ -\ The\ Book\ of\ Spells.app.xcent /Users/cezarwagenheimer/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/Secrets_of_Magic_1-aiwoenrzrwzzhyfnpnnstizwybfh/Build/Intermediates.noindex/ArchiveIntermediates/SoM1\ -\ The\ Book\ of\ Spells/InstallationBuildProductsLocation/Applications/SoM1\ -\ The\ Book\ of\ Spells.app
    18. /Users/cezarwagenheimer/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/Secrets_of_Magic_1-aiwoenrzrwzzhyfnpnnstizwybfh/Build/Intermediates.noindex/ArchiveIntermediates/SoM1 - The Book of Spells/InstallationBuildProductsLocation/Applications/SoM1 - The Book of Spells.app: code object is not signed at all
    20. In subcomponent: /Users/cezarwagenheimer/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/Secrets_of_Magic_1-aiwoenrzrwzzhyfnpnnstizwybfh/Build/Intermediates.noindex/ArchiveIntermediates/SoM1 - The Book of Spells/InstallationBuildProductsLocation/Applications/SoM1 - The Book of Spells.app/Contents/Frameworks/GameAssembly.dylib
    22. Command CodeSign failed with a nonzero exit code
    Anyone was able to make a build that works?

2. wagenheimer

wagenheimer

I tried to create the build without exporting to Xcode... It failed with

Code (csharp):
    2. Temp/StagingArea/Secrets of Magic 1.app/Contents/Frameworks/GameAssembly.dylib: failed to link debug symbols
    3. stdout:
    4. stderr:
    5. error: cannot parse the debug map for 'Temp/StagingArea/Secrets': No such file or directory
    7. UnityEditor.OSXStandalone.OSXDesktopStandalonePostProcessor:ProcessPlatformSpecificIL2CPPOutput(BuildPostProcessArgs)
    8. DesktopStandalonePostProcessor:ProcessIl2CppOutputForBinary(BuildPostProcessArgs) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/BuildPipeline/DesktopStandalonePostProcessor.cs:299)
    9. DesktopStandalonePostProcessor:SetupStagingArea(BuildPostProcessArgs, HashSet`1) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/BuildPipeline/DesktopStandalonePostProcessor.cs:248)
    10. DesktopStandalonePostProcessor:PostProcess(BuildPostProcessArgs) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/BuildPipeline/DesktopStandalonePostProcessor.cs:42)
    11. UnityEngine.GUIUtility:ProcessEvent(Int32, IntPtr) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/Modules/IMGUI/GUIUtility.cs:187)
    12. [code]
    14. [code]
    15. Temp/StagingArea/Secrets of Magic 1.app/Contents/Frameworks/GameAssembly.dylib: failed to strip debug info
    16. stdout:
    17. stderr:
    18. error: /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Toolchains/XcodeDefault.xctoolchain/usr/bin/strip: can't open file: Temp/StagingArea/Secrets (No such file or directory)
    19. error: /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Toolchains/XcodeDefault.xctoolchain/usr/bin/strip: can't open file: of (No such file or directory)
    20. error: /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Toolchains/XcodeDefault.xctoolchain/usr/bin/strip: can't open file: Magic (No such file or directory)
    21. error: /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Toolchains/XcodeDefault.xctoolchain/usr/bin/strip: can't open file: 1.app/Contents/Frameworks/GameAssembly.dylib (No such file or directory)
    23. UnityEditor.OSXStandalone.OSXDesktopStandalonePostProcessor:ProcessPlatformSpecificIL2CPPOutput(BuildPostProcessArgs)
    24. DesktopStandalonePostProcessor:ProcessIl2CppOutputForBinary(BuildPostProcessArgs) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/BuildPipeline/DesktopStandalonePostProcessor.cs:299)
    25. DesktopStandalonePostProcessor:SetupStagingArea(BuildPostProcessArgs, HashSet`1) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/BuildPipeline/DesktopStandalonePostProcessor.cs:248)
    26. DesktopStandalonePostProcessor:PostProcess(BuildPostProcessArgs) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/BuildPipeline/DesktopStandalonePostProcessor.cs:42)
    27. UnityEngine.GUIUtility:ProcessEvent(Int32, IntPtr) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/Modules/IMGUI/GUIUtility.cs:187)

But the .App executable was generated, but it was unusable with tons of glitches.

3. wagenheimer

wagenheimer

Just tested with 2020.1 and it fails with the same problem (and some others).
    I sent a bug report with my project attached. Bug 1196748

LeonhardP likes this.
  4. LeonhardP

LeonhardP

Unity Technologies

5. ufulio

ufulio

i am using UNITY 2019.4
    please ... is there a tutorial or guide how to export my ios app to XCODE using UNITY 2019.4 please.
    i will apreciate so much any comment