Search Unity

(Mac Editor) Linux target missing from Build window after v2019.3

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by mangacool, Nov 27, 2019.

1. mangacool

mangacool

After version 2019.3.x release, the Linux Build Target option in the Mac Editor doesn't exist anymore, even if Linux support is installed. It did exist in the last 2019.2.x release, but I can't go back to that since iOS builds wouldn't work anymore.

I tried upgrading to 2020.x alpha, and the Linux build option is still missing, which indicates to me that it's been intentionally removed.

Possible reasons I can think of would be because they couldn't get Linux builds to work correctly in MacOS 10.15 Catalina so they removed support from the Mac editor, or they chose to support building only on Windows (I haven't checked to see if it's missing from there as well yet) or Linux for a Linux target.

So far I googled around, and searched these forums, and I can't find anyone else who noticed this, but that could be as much that I'm the only one trying to build Linux from the Mac platform recently as that it could be a glitch just with my own setup. I did notice that it refuses to show up on TWO different Catalina Macs, and that creating a new, clean project doesn't make it reappear.

So is Linux build support gone now? Or is it just gone for Mac, and I have to load it onto a Windows PC or set up a Linux VM to build on?

BigToe likes this.
  2. Joe-Censored

Joe-Censored

3. mangacool

mangacool

It DID release for a few hours, and it's since been pulled completely like it never existed (not even beta anymore). I'd have to post this to every single forum to chase down the right topic for it at this point. :)

BigToe likes this.
  4. pginiotis

pginiotis

Unity Technologies