Search Unity

Mac editor crash on start with version 2019.2.0 and 2019.2.1

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by Xiromtz, Aug 18, 2019.

1. Xiromtz

Xiromtz

Hey guys,
    I've been looking around and it seems nobody else has any problem similar to this..
    I have Unity 2019.1.0f2 on my mac installed and it works without any issues whatsoever. After installing unity 2019.2.0 and afterwards 2019.2.1 I have instant crashes when trying to start Unity.

Trying to create a new, empty project via the Unity hub results in Unity popping up in the taskbar for less than half a second and instantly closing, resulting in no project folder being created, but a broken project link inside of Unity hub.

Looking through the console app and seeing what messages are being sent when Unity crashes, it seems the culprit is this error message: "Unable to load Info.plist exceptions (eGPUOverrides)" from the Unity(LaunchServices) process.

Anyone have any idea what could be causing this?

Thanks in advance!

2. Domas_L

Domas_L

Unity Technologies

Hello!

Could you please check the Editor logs for the crash stack and post them here? Edit logs should be located in "~/Library/Logs/Unity/Editor.log"

3. Xiromtz

Xiromtz

Hey,
    I just updated my OS to Mojave 10.14.6 (it was at mojave before, but some patches were missing), and now it seems to work.
    Very weird bug, but now I cannot reproduce it.

Thanks for the help though!

P.S. this is my first thread, how do I close it?

4. Domas_L

Domas_L

Unity Technologies

I'm glad that you are no longer having the issue!

You don't need to close your thread - other users who might have a similar problem can reply to this thread instead of making a new one, thus keeping all related information in one thread.

5. tornee

tornee

hello , i tried updating to latest macOS and it still crashes on all unity 2019.2 versions