Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

Mac b16: DllNotFoundException: libMonoPosixHelper.dylib

Discussion in '5.4 Beta' started by andywatts, May 3, 2016.

1. andywatts

andywatts

Upgraded to b16 on Mac and getting a DLL not found exception on libMonoPosixHelper.

Code (csharp):
    2. DllNotFoundException: libMonoPosixHelper.dylib
    3. System.IO.Compression.DeflateStream..ctor (System.IO.Stream compressedStream, CompressionMode mode, Boolean leaveOpen, Boolean gzip)
    4. (wrapper remoting-invoke-with-check) System.IO.Compression.DeflateStream:.ctor (System.IO.Stream,System.IO.Compression.CompressionMode,bool,bool)
    5. System.IO.Compression.GZipStream..ctor (System.IO.Stream compressedStream, CompressionMode mode, Boolean leaveOpen)
    6. System.IO.Compression.GZipStream..ctor (System.IO.Stream compressedStream, CompressionMode mode)
    7. (wrapper remoting-invoke-with-check) System.IO.Compression.GZipStream:.ctor (System.IO.Stream,System.IO.Compression.CompressionMode)
    8. Chunk.ParseData (System.Byte[] zippedData) (at Assets/Scripts/models/Chunk.cs:201)
    Error traces to the GZipStream in the below snippet...

Code (csharp):
    2.        using (var msi = new MemoryStream(zippedData)) {
    3.             using (var mso = new MemoryStream()) {
    4.                 using (var gs = new GZipStream(msi, CompressionMode.Decompress)) {

Appreciate any advice...

Confirmed it's present on the file system.

Code (csharp):
    2. /Applications/Unity/Unity.app/Contents$ find .  | grep -i posixhelper
    4. ./Frameworks/MonoEmbedRuntime/osx/libMonoPosixHelper.dylib
    5. ./il2cpp/libil2cpp/externals/MonoPosixHelper.cpp
    6. ./il2cpp/libil2cpp/externals/MonoPosixHelper.h
    7. ./il2cpp/libil2cpp/os/Posix/PosixHelpers.cpp
    8. ./il2cpp/libil2cpp/os/Posix/PosixHelpers.h
    9. ./Mono/lib/libMonoPosixHelper.dylib
    10. ./MonoBleedingEdge/lib/libMonoPosixHelper.dylib
    11. ./PlaybackEngines/MacStandaloneSupport/Variations/macosx32_development_mono/UnityPlayer.app/Contents/Frameworks/MonoEmbedRuntime/osx/libMonoPosixHelper.dylib
    12. ./PlaybackEngines/MacStandaloneSupport/Variations/macosx32_nondevelopment_mono/UnityPlayer.app/Contents/Frameworks/MonoEmbedRuntime/osx/libMonoPosixHelper.dylib
    13. ./PlaybackEngines/MacStandaloneSupport/Variations/macosx64_development_mono/UnityPlayer.app/Contents/Frameworks/MonoEmbedRuntime/osx/libMonoPosixHelper.dylib
    14. ./PlaybackEngines/MacStandaloneSupport/Variations/macosx64_nondevelopment_mono/UnityPlayer.app/Contents/Frameworks/MonoEmbedRuntime/osx/libMonoPosixHelper.dylib
    15. ./PlaybackEngines/MacStandaloneSupport/Variations/universal_development_mono/UnityPlayer.app/Contents/Frameworks/MonoEmbedRuntime/osx/libMonoPosixHelper.dylib
    16. ./PlaybackEngines/MacStandaloneSupport/Variations/universal_nondevelopment_mono/UnityPlayer.app/Contents/Frameworks/MonoEmbedRuntime/osx/libMonoPosixHelper.dylib

2. Alex-Lian

Alex-Lian

Could we get a bug report # please?

3. Voronoi

Voronoi

Is this a bug in 5.4beta? I ran into this trying to read from the serial port on a mac.

Filed a bug report: 810964

Last edited: Jul 4, 2016
  4. JoshPeterson

JoshPeterson

Unity Technologies

Actually, I don't think that this issue is related to that one on Unity answers. The libMonoPosixHelper.dylib file is shipped with the Unity installation as part of Mono. It is not a separate dylib as discussed in that answer.

This looks a lot like a known bug that found internally and corrected in Unity 5.5 (which is currently in closed alpha). to work around the issue until then, you could try using a third-party library for compression.

I wonder though, you mentioned that upgrading to b16 caused this issue. Did the same GZipStream code work in an earlier version of Unity? I thought that this was a long-standing problem, but I may be misunderstanding it.