Search Unity

MAC App review team rejected because GameKit framework NOT linked!

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by imkc, Oct 30, 2014.

1. imkc

imkc

We DO USE Game Center in our games, but got rejected for the following reason:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2.3: Apps that do not perform as advertised by the developer will be rejected

The app does not achieve the core functionality described in your marketing materials or release notes.

The app has the Game Center entitlement without linking against GameKit framework.

Linking to the GameKit framework is a requirement when using Game Center, regardless if it is working or not.

We look forward to reviewing your revised binary.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I compiled the game with Unity 4.5.5f1, which had a release note "OSX: Now GameKit is loaded dynamically, it should help with Mac App Store submissions for games, which are not using Game Center."

Please help~

2. Tiberius1701

Tiberius1701

We just got rejected for the same reason - is there anyone who can assist with this?

3. proandrius

proandrius

Unity Technologies

I think there were fixes on this introduced in 4.6.x version of Unity.

4. Tiberius1701

Tiberius1701

I am using 4.6.1 - you're saying I can download 4.6.4 and it should fix this issue (it's my only outstanding bug from Apple)?

5. proandrius

proandrius

Unity Technologies

6. Tiberius1701

Tiberius1701

I did. Mine is the last post.

7. Tiberius1701

Tiberius1701

My post from that forum:

My app has also failed with the:
    The app has the Game Center entitlement without linking against the GameKit framework.
    I tried downloading and building optool as was mentioned in this thread, but it has multiple errors in the latest Xcode.

For now, this is the only bug keeping my app from being approved, and I am fairly frustrated that there is no good solution available. I am using Unity 4.6.1. If anyone can help, it would be greatly appreciated.