Search Unity

Bug MAC 3.1.1 cannot get personal license

Discussion in 'Unity Hub' started by AlexAutotron, Apr 21, 2022.

1. AlexAutotron

AlexAutotron

hello guys,
    I am new to unity,
    and I have installed unity 3.1.1 on my windows 11 and that works fine, but since I have an M1 and want to install it as well,
    however in MAC unity hub after signing in, I tried to activate the personal license,
    Managed Licenses-> ADD license -> Get a free personal license -> Agree and get personal edition license, then it back and seems do nothing, it still showing. no license, yet

is that any trick or any way I can download the older unity hub?

2. Kyleol

Kyleol

Same here, I'm so frustrated right now. Can't find any solution.

3. AlexAutotron

AlexAutotron

Hello Kyleol
    I found the solution!

please try to run in admin and that seems it fixed

my hints and get this solution is I found a way to do manual license installation, and on the manual install it said the license cannot be saved,

so try to run unity hub in sudo and activate the license and works like charm!

hope it helps!

xxxxxxx-MacBook-Pro ~ % sudo "/Applications/Unity Hub.app/Contents/MacOS/Unity Hub"
    Checking for update
    Generated new staging user ID: 7df24d34-0157-xxxx-995f-xxxxxxx
    Update for version 3.1.2 is not available (latest version: 3.1.2, downgrade is disallowed).
    (electron) Security Warning: A WebContents was just created with both webviewTag and contextIsolation enabled. This combination is fundamentally less secure and effectively bypasses the protections of contextIsolation. We strongly recommend you move away from webviews to OOPIF or BrowserView in order for your app to be more secure
    xxxxxxx-MacBook-Pro ~ %

Attached Files: