Search Unity

!m_DidAwake - What is this error and does it matter

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by cncguy, Jan 14, 2010.

1. cncguy

cncguy

Hi I keep getting the following error:

!m_DidAwake

on my windows machine. What is it? I have seen someone else in the forums query this in 2006? without a suitable answer. Anyone with any light to shed?

2. andeeeee

andeeeee

Under what conditions does the message appear?

3. cncguy

cncguy

That's the problem. It is intermittant and does not appear to correlate with any of my code. It happens while running the game in the editor and also when just editing. Usually I just get a few popping up but sometimes it seems to give the error every frame in the editor particularly in game view.

Is it likely to be something to do with my code that I haven't isolated yet? Where should I look I.e. Which functions might lead to this error. It seems to occur more in the editor than while playing the application (in the IDE)

4. andeeeee

andeeeee

You should file a bug report about this.

5. Grady Lorenzo

Grady Lorenzo

I have the same message. I have a notice saying there are two audio listeners. Right below that there are 9 messages saying "!m_DidAwake". Still have no idea what it means...

6. cncguy

cncguy

If you have two audio listeners you probably have more than one object - maybe two cameras with an audiolistener component. Look for those and make sure you have only one active.

7. ClandestineMan

ClandestineMan

I am having the error as well. I get the error after I stop my game from running in the editor. I have tracked it down to being a particle issue of some kind for I only get the error when the particle in my scene is selected.

Has anyone come up with what this is and how to solve it or fix it?

I am using Unity 3.0

8. Holynub

Holynub

Hmmm... I just got this error today. And I can't recreate the situations to replicate it. It just did it for one run from editor. The error wasn't present the 10+ other times i ran it before from editor. And I didn't actually change anything either. It was the same code and same everything. the details for it was the following from the console:

!m_DidAwake
    Assert in file :..\..\Runtime\Mono\MonoBehaviour.cpp at line: 287

I got this error 3 times with the same messages for each error, and it shows up as soon as I CTRL+P or press the play button. It doesn't appear to be affecting anything though. It just kinda pops up in console even when I "Clear on play."

9. Alexey

Alexey

Unity Technologies

The cause for that (as long as i understand from reading code ;-)) is in calling methods on MonoBehaviour prior to awake them. As you should know the order of objects Awake is unspecified - maybe you are calling some methods of some object from another object Awake (and the former wasn't awaked yet)? If that doesn't help - file a bug

10. drumatic

drumatic

i have this message too i get this errors ( 4 times ) when i am saving scene.

!m_DidAwake
    Assert in file: C:/BuildAgent/work/6bc5f9e0a4296d6/Runtime/Mono/MonoBehaviour.cpp at line: 322