Search Unity

LWRP / URP Particle Shaders

Discussion in 'General Graphics' started by Archanor, Dec 12, 2019.

1. Archanor

Archanor

I was curious if the Base Map for the 'LWRP/Particles/Unlit' shaders will get back the HDR or intensity feature like the Emission Map still has.

It might not make sense, but I also used the 'Tiling/Offset' under Surface Inputs for some of my effects, is there any chance that'll return from the 'Particles/Standard/Unlit' shader to the LWRP/URP counterparts?

Unity_2019-12-12_18-11-53.png

@richardkettlewell

2. Andre_Mcgrail

Andre_Mcgrail

Unity Technologies

Hi,

We can look into adding tiling and offset onto all the particle shaders as currently this is missing. As for the HDR basecolor, I think we will look at adding it to the unlit but to be safe we would not add it to the lit versions fo the particle shaders.

Archanor and richardkettlewell like this.
  3. Archanor

Archanor

@Andre_Mcgrail Thanks! I just hope you make the particle shaders as similar as possible to each other between the different pipelines.

Trying to stick to the default particle shaders and convert effects over from Standard to LWRP/URP is not always so straight forward for me.

Is there a way to replicate the 'Multiply (Double)' in the new particle shader in Standard and LWRP? It seems different from the legacy shaders if that's what they are called.