Search Unity

LWRP still stacking the cameras?

Discussion in 'Universal Render Pipeline' started by calpolican, Jan 23, 2020.

1. calpolican

calpolican

Hi, I used to have 2 cameras stacked to render a model over the UI, but after switching to the LWRP I noticed stacking was not allowed, so I started using a render texture instead.
    Now everything works great in the editor, but when I build I see the model beign render as if it's camera had a "don't clear flag".
    How to solve?
    problemas de la build.jpg

2. erikabar

erikabar

Unity Technologies

Hey! Camera stacking is indeed not supported in LWRP, but it will be available in Universal RP package very soon - in 7.2 package.
    As for Render Texture issue - what LWRP version do you use?

phil_lira likes this.
  3. calpolican

calpolican

Unity version : 2019.2.15f1 (I think is the last stable version)
    LWRP version: 6.9.2 (says it's up to date)

I have 2 cameras in the scene, one is the main one, the other is the camera that renders the mesh to a texture. The background option of the camera that renders to texture is set to "Don't care".

4. DanielThomas

DanielThomas

Try setting clearflag to a color and with full transparency.

5. calpolican

calpolican

The result is the same unfortunately.
    I'm kind of wondering what's really happening. I mean, it seems that the camera is beign stacked anyway, just like it was previously, but it doesn't clear the buffer, wich makes it useless. I guess I can look at how to make another render pass.
    But it would mean that the render texture is no longer a viable option altogether.
    I hate it when the resut in the editor doesn't much the build because it makes it so diffcult to debug. You have to be constantly re building to see if a solution worked.

6. dralois

dralois

I use render textures in combination with a few shaders and a render pass to do something like you seem to be doing and it works fine. How do you display the render texture, with a shader or in gui?

7. calpolican

calpolican

I use a RawImage (GUI), in a canvas.