Search Unity

LWRP shaders greyed out all time

Discussion in 'Shaders' started by atur94, May 14, 2020.

1. atur94

atur94

Hey. I just installed LWRP shaders from package manager and the newest unity version. I dont't know but my shaders always appear to be grey as default. It does not matter which shader I use. Shaders that comes with this LWRP package also works partially.

I tried to make a lot of fixes there but it still does not do anything on the scene.

Also i cannot save my shaders. Maybe it is important to note that.

LWRP is in the newest version.

Attached Files:

2. Invertex

Invertex

I notice you have UniversalRenderPipelineAsset as well. Make sure you don't have both URP and LWRP packages installed in this project. URP is the newest version of LWRP, it's been renamed, make sure to be using the UniversalRenderPipelineAsset and that it's assigned in your ProjectSettings>Graphics

3. atur94

atur94

When i was writing this post I already had set up the lightweight renderer in settings->graphics. Also I had installed only instance of Lightweight RP without universal RP.

After your answer I swaped Lightweight RP to universal RP, made new universal pipeline and attached it to settings->graphics. I've created new unlit shader and attached it to the material with color orange. Material is still grey. When I am using PBR Graph the situation is exatly the same except the depth can be seen.

Attached Files:

4. Invertex

Invertex

And there are no errors in your console?

5. atur94

atur94

Completly no errors. I enabled debug for the pipeline and also enabled debug console for shaders. I am not sure how it works but there were completly no errors in default console and also in shader debug console.

6. atur94

atur94

Quick update. It is also happening on clean project.
    Steps to reproduce.
    1. Create 3d Project
    2. Install universal RP from package manager
    3. Create Universal render pipeline
    4. Crete material and unlit/pbr graph shader
    5. Set pipeline in graphics settings
    6. Attach material to object

7. atur94

atur94

Shame on me!!!

You need to click SAVE ASSET in the top left corner

I don't get it why it needs to be done this way but anyway thanks for replies @Invertex

8. Invertex

Invertex

Oh, yeah of course hehe, otherwise you'd experience some lag every time you changed something in the graph from Unity having to recompile the shaders completely instead of just on the graph side.

atur94 likes this.