Search Unity

1. Unity 6 Preview is now available. To find out what's new, have a look at our Unity 6 Preview blog post.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity is excited to announce that we will be collaborating with TheXPlace for a summer game jam from June 13 - June 19. Learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice

(LWRP/Shader Graph) Updating to 4.8.0-preview causes UI screens to be cleared to solid black

Discussion in 'Graphics Experimental Previews' started by Pelican_7, Jan 24, 2019.

1. Pelican_7

Pelican_7

Hi. I am using the Lightweight RP and Shader Graph packages in my project. Updating both packages from 4.1.0-preview to 4.8.0-preview causes all of my UI screens to be cleared with a solid black color. For example:

Before (UI overlay is transparent):
    Capture3.PNG

After (UI overlay is cleared to black):
    Capture2.PNG

I am using a Screen Space - Camera canvas with the UI camera set to clear Depth Only, like so:

Capture1.PNG
    (Depth/Opaque Texture are both false in pipeline settings)

I did find a mention of depth only cameras in the change logs for the 4.6.0-preview referencing this issue - https://issuetracker.unity3d.com/is...-pipeline-gives-corrupted-image-in-ios-device - but am not sure if this is related or how to address it if it is.

Any idea how to resolve this issue?

Thanks
    -andy.

2. Pelican_7

Pelican_7

3. Heimlink

Heimlink

I came across this exact issue last night. Hopefully we'll receive an update soon.

4. Pelican_7

Pelican_7

The post mentions 19.2, which I'm guessing would be somewhere around August if we expect three Unity minor version releases a year (April, August, December)...

phil_lira likes this.
  5. phil_lira

phil_lira

Unity Technologies

Yes that's correct. This might come in 2019.2 beta, so before August.

6. Pelican_7

Pelican_7

Thanks @phil_lira. Just wondering, with the announcement yesterday that the Lightweight Render Pipeline is moving out of preview and into production in 2019.1, does this mean UI overlays, specifically using Screen Space - Camera mode, will be supported in 2019.1 now?

calurin and andywatts like this.