Search Unity

LWRP real time lighting broken in 2019.2?

Discussion in 'Universal Render Pipeline' started by cmart, Aug 24, 2019.

1. cmart

cmart

Is it just me, or is LWRP using realtime lighting in 2019.2 broken? 2019.1 works great, but in 2019.2 lights flicker on meshes as you move the camera around the scene. Even with only two point lights, no shadows or directional light, you just get this crazy flickering.

Im trying to use LWRP with the oculus quest, but the quest doesn't work well with 2019.1, but works great with 2019.2. LWRP works great with 2019.1 and flickers with 2019.2 so I am a bit stumped.

Any advice is much appreciated, thanks!

2. Dimn721

Dimn721

I'm experiencing this same issue, would really appreciate some help here. After upgrading from 2019.1 to 2019.2 there is strange flickering behaviors with the lights in my scene based on the camera's position.

It seems like it happens in situations where two lights are lighting the same object. I don't see it appear when there's only one light involved. For reference, I do have the pipeline settings per object pixel lights set to 4.

Attached Files:

Cynicat likes this.
  3. liiir1985

liiir1985

Did you check if you are having active Baked point light? They are somehow contributing to the Light count if then are not disabled or deleted after baking

4. Dimn721

Dimn721

I did have active Baked lights in the scene, however disabling them, and for good measure rebaking the lights, didn't seem to solve the problem. In fact, digging into it some more I'm finding a strange behavior.

Starting a blank scene, with just two shadow casting spot lights and a bunch of primitive boxes the lighting behaves as expected. But once I add in one of my game's custom objects the lighting breaks. I also added one of my LWRP Lit materials to one of the primitive boxes and it's now broken on that one as well. Once I deleted the custom model for the scene, the shader behaved properly on the primitive box with the custom material. What the heck!?

Attached Files:

5. JohnKP-Mindshow

JohnKP-Mindshow

Having the same issue!

Thought I was going crazy. I have two lights close to a skinned mesh renderer, with one pulsing its intsensity. When its intensity is zero, the other light acts as expected. When its intensity is > 0, the other light is disabled -_-

If I duplicated the light setup and place a cube there, it doesn't happen (like the above poster tried as well).

I had already pulled the trigger on the upgrade to 2019.2 and latest LWRP a week or so ago, and hadn't noticed this issue until now.

Is this still an issue in 2019.3 and universal render pipeline? Any thougts on how to fix it? Good to know I am not alone....

6. Lyje

Lyje

Also having this issue.

7. yangskin

yangskin

Also having this issue. Hope to solve

8. fherbst

fherbst

Same here.

9. Danielsantalla

Danielsantalla

10. Yuri-Macedo

Yuri-Macedo

Having the same problem. Is it still broken?

11. fherbst

fherbst

It's fixed on >= 2019.3.0b11 and >= 2020.1.0a8. I'm not sure if it will be backported, maybe @LeonhardP has more insight?

12. liiir1985

liiir1985

It says it only occurs on 2019.3 and above in the issue tracker, but it's definitely not the case, Point lights in 2019.2 are also broken like hell, not usable in production at all.
    But it can't be reproduced easily with minimal projects, so I really doubt if it's really fixed

13. fherbst

fherbst

Would be great if you can try with the versions I pointed out above and report a bug if it still happens. Those versions at least fixed the light issues for me on multiple projects (some shadow glitch issues persist).

14. liiir1985

liiir1985

I wish I could....
    But the gap between 2019.2 and 2019.3 is again very big. All our customization we made to the renderpiple got screwed in URP, and we got a lot of custom post processing effects....
    It'll take us a lot of time to migrate

fherbst likes this.
  15. VertexDesign

VertexDesign

Same happens with me,, so reverting to basic Unity renderer till its fixed. May try HDR renderer.

16. phil_lira

phil_lira

Unity Technologies

A fix has been backported to 2019.2. It should be available in a next patch for 2019.2. (Unity binary patch)

Lyje likes this.
  17. collinpatrick15

collinpatrick15

I'm still having this problem on 2019.2.17f1 and LWRP v6.9.2

unityunity