Search Unity

LWRP Particle Lighting

Discussion in 'Universal Render Pipeline' started by rd1349, Jan 3, 2020.

1. rd1349

rd1349

So I've been fiddling a lot with particles lately and tried integrating them into a project using LWRP. I ran into a bit of a san though when I tried to add lights to a particle system. The particle system only excepts default unity lights which have no effect on this project. I've tried getting unity to work around it but haven't found a solution. If anyone has any insights on the matter it would be greatly appreciated.

2. StartleDan

StartleDan

Have you found a solution to this? I seem to be having the same problem. The particles show in the Editor but not on device (Oculus Quest)

Unity 2019.3 / URP 7.1.7

3. rd1349

rd1349

Unfortunately no but my problem seems to be different from yours. My particles display but I'm unaware of how to make them emit light with LWRP.

4. StartleDan

StartleDan

Ah OK, I thought you meant how to light them, not how to make them emit. My bad. Good luck finding a fix.

My problem was a simple fix. The URP convertor helper tool thing, picked strange shader settings for particle materials when I tried to convert all materials in the project to URP materials. Once I changed them to URP/particle shaders/unlit they were back.

5. o_avci_

o_avci_

I am having the same problem. I think UNity does not support this feature yet. But I you find a solution can you please share in this post

6. zo0OO

zo0OO

same problem

7. UnityMaru

UnityMaru

Community Engagement Manager PSM

Did you try the solution/fix that StartleDan advised?