Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

LWRP Lighting Issue

Discussion in 'Universal Render Pipeline' started by hassanshahid, Aug 7, 2019.

1. hassanshahid

hassanshahid

Lights behaving strangely in LWRP. Shadows and shading is weird too. Using the LWRP-High preset. Unity 2019.2

Tried a new project but same issues. I'm using two real-time spotlights, no directional or ambient light. LWRP should be able to handle that if I'm not mistaken.

cmart and Cynicat like this.
  2. BenThomas5

BenThomas5

A little update on this issue. In order to support this feature efficiently in all platforms it will require some changes added to Unity. i.e, it's not something I can fix in the package. So it will take a few weeks until this is fixed but I just wanted to let you know it's being worked on.

3. JohnKP-Mindshow

JohnKP-Mindshow

Having the same issue as well.

2019.2 and the associated LWRP from package manager.

Any updates on this? Put me dead in the water.

4. Dimn721

Dimn721

5. tooRelic

tooRelic

Are the light's Render Mode set to Auto / Important / Not Important? Not recommending it's the solution, but has it any affect?

6. larsbertram1

larsbertram1

7. JohnKP-Mindshow

JohnKP-Mindshow

Had no effect for me.

8. fherbst

fherbst

Same here. Really hoping for a fix. Realtime lighting is basically unusuable right now with 2 lights.

9. MetalDonut

MetalDonut

I've had this issue too and also posted on it (didn't get any replies). Looks like this was originally flagged 18 months ago from that other thread posted above! I was working in 2019.2 so tried upgrading to 2019.3b to see if it has been resolved but the issue still hasn't been fixed.

Being that LWRP/URP is meant to be somewhat stable this is a huge disappointment and I agree it's unusable. Has anyone heard of this being fixed anytime soon??

10. fherbst

fherbst

I reported a bug: Case 1190415 [URP] Light glitches
    @LeonhardP would be great if you can take a look at this thread, thanks!

LeonhardP likes this.
  11. pavelpry

pavelpry

Same problem here. I've reported it two months ago. It happens only with VR enabled. What I've found is unity_LightIndices array receives (0,0,0,0) and so every light is rendered with parameters of the first light only.

This is really bad as we can't upgrade to a newer versions of Unity until this is fixed.

12. JohnKP-Mindshow

JohnKP-Mindshow

Yeah it seems like the various rendering pipelines are all in their own state of disarry in this transition Unity is in. But its really unclear what the most stable rendering solution is. So I've just lived with the lighting issue until things....settle down a bit?

But it's unclear when that would be as it seems communication with the community is very hit and miss lately

13. Danielsantalla

Danielsantalla

Any new info on this issue? I'm having the same problem :(

14. fherbst

fherbst

I got feedback that it will be fixed on 2019.3.0b11 and is already fixed on 2020.1.0a8 (it was seemingly caused by a Core Engine bug in culling code).

MetalDonut likes this.
  15. liiir1985

liiir1985

I looked into the release note, it says it's introduced in 2019.3.a12, not seen in previous released version, but it's absolutely not the case, I'm having exactly the same issue in 2019.2 with lwrp, can you please share your repro project or share the step to setup a such repro project? Because I can't reproduce it with minimal setup, it only appears in the project which is too big to submit

16. taylorjames9

taylorjames9

Same issue here. Using Unity 2019.3.4f1 Putting together a demo on lighting in this game and this issue makes it... not do-able.

17. phil_lira

phil_lira

Unity Technologies

@taylorjames9 does the issue reproduce if you disable SRP batcher in the pipeline asset?
    could you submit a bug report?

18. ChanzDog

ChanzDog

19. fherbst

fherbst

Yes, I think that is very much related and in line with what I've been seeing.

Related bug reports from my end:

I think the most relevant of my bug reports is
    Case 1190415 (Closed) [URP] Light glitches related to SRP Batcher
    https://issuetracker.unity3d.com/is...ops-emitting-light-at-certain-points-of-scene
    https://issuetracker.unity3d.com/is...e-their-unitylightindices-0-set-to-all-zeroes
    The second issue is ONLY fixed in 2020, and has me asking for a backport to 2019.3 on it, with no response so far. @phil_lira can this be backported?

Case 1225499
    ([URP] Incorrect Light / Shadow Culling with Shadow Distance and camera near clip plane)
    no response so far

Case 1201994 (Closed) [URP] Lights/Shadows are incorrectly culled
    closed since 2019.3.0f3 and partially fixed that specific issue

Case 1201992 (Closed) [URP] Existance of spotlight already changes scene properties without the spotlight actually contributing to scene lighting

As some of those are closed and the issue is not fully fixed I think it would be great if you can submit a new case.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2020
  20. phil_lira

phil_lira

Unity Technologies

Hey Felix thank you!

QA pointed me out these cases have this as original case https://issuetracker.unity3d.com/is...ops-emitting-light-at-certain-points-of-scene

This is backported to 2019.3, but just in case we will re-test your specific issue with 2019.3, maybe we had a false duplicate here.

We will look at it soon.

These were closed as duplicates, I've asked them to be reverified.

ChanzDog and fherbst like this.
  21. ChanzDog

ChanzDog

Thanks, guys. I have submitted a bug report along with a very simple project using no custom features. Should be very simple to see on your end what the issue is.

22. fherbst

fherbst

23. Navid38

Navid38

just change the color space from linear to Gamma, linear does not work on some mobile devices.

Last edited: May 5, 2020
  24. nasos_333

nasos_333

Hi,

Could all the above be related to an issue i have, i try to grab the spot lights in shader using GetAdditionalLightsCount(); and seems i can only get one light in random. I have defined 7 lights per object in URP pipeline settings.

Thanks