Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

LWRP, HDR, and Bloom

Discussion in 'Graphics Experimental Previews' started by Kaldrax, Oct 2, 2018.

1. Kaldrax

Kaldrax

Does the LWRP not support HDR colours? I've got the SRP Asset loaded, Post Processing Layer and Volume set up, and everything works okay, except my emissive material no longer glows with the bloom like it did with the old Post Processing Behaviour. Is this intended behaviour or am I doing something wrong?

Last edited: Oct 2, 2018
  2. Kaldrax

Kaldrax

Okay so I tried checking Enable HDR in the SRP Asset's parameters, but then the entire Post Processing stack stopped working.

3. Andre_Mcgrail

Andre_Mcgrail

Unity Technologies

Which version of LWRP/Unity are you using? This is has been working fine for quite a while now, one thing to note is if you choose HDR and have multiple cameras you need to make sure all cameras are set to HDR. Make sure it's checked on the camera too. If all else fails please submit a bug with a small repo of the problem you are seeing so we can see if it is an issue.

4. Kaldrax

Kaldrax

Hey Andre. Thanks for the reply

You were correct that the issue is with a second camera, however I'm experiencing the opposite of what you described.

Turning 'Allow HDR' ~OFF~ on the second camera causes my main camera to work perfectly, HDR and bloom/PP behaving as expected.

-10 minutes later-

After some further investigation, adding a Post-Processing Layer to my second camera solves some of the issues. With this, I can have 'Allow HDR' on both cameras checked, and post-processing works. The only issue here is that now I've got PP effects on my HUD (the second camera is just for UI elements), which I don't want. I tried setting the Layer setting on the Post Processing Layer component to another layer with its own Post Processing Volume and Profile, but doing this prevents all the PP effects from working again.

Anyways, for now simply turning off Allow HDR on my second camera solves all my problems.

5. Kaldrax

Kaldrax

Also, just wanna say that aside from a few hiccups here and there, I'm really happy with the new SRP. Can't wait til it's out of preview.

Fantastic job, guys :)

6. Andre_Mcgrail

Andre_Mcgrail

Unity Technologies

If this is happening I assume you are using either camera or world space UI canvas? if you(can) use overlay then post should not affect the UI. We are looking into options for the previous two options and have been investigating was of doing it without adding complexity to the camera stack.

Thanks for this :) it's always great to hear people enjoying using it, and all the feedback we get is helping us make it better all the time.

7. stuartmcroberts

stuartmcroberts

Quick question about HDR and the new Post processing stack v2. I was able to get the bloom effect working nicely with v1 of post processing however when i switched to v2 and tried to add bloom nothing happened. is there a step i am missing to get bloom working? All other post processing effects seem to be working just fine.

8. lolclol

lolclol

post processing stack is terrible for lwrp. huge fps drop.

9. Andre_Mcgrail

Andre_Mcgrail

Unity Technologies

Make sure you have HDR checked on the LWRP asset as well as enabled on the camera.

it is definitely heavy, especially on certain devices, we have v3 close to completion and has been built form the ground up to work nicely with LWRP, it is on track to be available with 19.3

10. lolclol

lolclol

Glad to hear this news, can't wait to try out the new v3 .

11. unity_whvHoAY8a7RKWg

unity_whvHoAY8a7RKWg