Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

LWRP + GI

Discussion in 'Graphics Experimental Previews' started by skeptika, Nov 14, 2018.

1. skeptika

skeptika

I upgraded my project to the LWRP and for the most part, it works as expected. The one area it hasn't, I thought I'd ask to see if it's simply not implemented yet, or if I'm doing it wrong.

I'm not getting any GI color bleed (red object bouncing light onto white surface for example). Is this a current limitation of the LWRP implementation that will be updated in future versions, or am I missing something?

During bake now, I don't see any color bleed (whereas on the Standard/old pipeline, you could watch the Progressive baker literally "splatter" color around). If it's not in quite yet, that's fine, just didn't want to spend hours trouble shooting something that simply isn't in yet! :)

2. phil_lira

phil_lira

Unity Technologies

Hi. There's a bug in latest version that broke GI. We have it fixed now and ETA for a new package is this Friday.

3. skeptika

skeptika

Fantastic, thanks for your responsiveness, I know you guys are working hard which makes being responsive tough. You guys are doing a great job!

phil_lira likes this.