Search Unity

LWRP Fog

Discussion in 'Shaders' started by jessecason8, Feb 15, 2019.

1. jessecason8

jessecason8

Hello, I just started using Unity yesterday to learn basic stuff and was watching Brackeys on youtube. Watched his LWRP shader videos, decided to try it out and now fog just doesn't work right. Basically anything below the player just gets colored the same as fog, but anything on the same Y level is fine. This is using the fog under lighting > other settings. I think I should be using a different fog it the scene settings game object, but I have no clue how to make that work because simply checking it does not. Here is what is happening:

This is at the start
    upload_2019-2-14_22-54-49.png

And this is 86 units forward.
    upload_2019-2-14_22-54-35.png

Note that the small cubes and the floor are literally copy and pasted the same material/object all settings same and all that. Anything below y = 1, the blue cube y level just turns black (with black fog obviously) after about this distance. Thanks for any suggestions anyone has.

2. jessecason8

jessecason8

No replies feels bad. :(

3. AndreRieu

AndreRieu

Brutal! Trying to work out the same thing...

4. Dawdlebird

Dawdlebird

A bit late perhaps, but what does the geometry you're using look like? Fog coordinates get calculated in the vertex shader, and these values are interpolated in the fragment shader. If you move forward on your piece of geometry causing the first vertices to fall out of clipping space (the vertices within the camera frustrum), the shader won't have those vertices to work with, and what you might be seeing is simply the fog distance of the next available vertices. Try adding a few subdivisions to your (road?) geometry and see if that fixes your problem.

5. SebasAlexander

SebasAlexander

Did you solve it ? I have the same issue