Search Unity

LWRP defaultScene with VR and multi Pass Stereo Rendering Mode

Discussion in 'AR/VR (XR) Discussion' started by fuzymarshmello, Jun 5, 2019.

1. fuzymarshmello

fuzymarshmello

When I make a new project using the LWRP preset->enable vr-> multipass and press play, I get double images and the vr is very distorted and one eye (right) is black.

Here is an image below, I took a screenshot.

upload_2019-6-5_13-45-22.png

Am I doing something wrong? How can I fix this?

2. elbows

elbows

I'm not in a position to try that this week, but I think I've had it working in the past, not 100% sure though.

Have you tried different versions of Unity and LWRP? I'm not sure I'd be trying to do this sort of thing with the 2019.3 alpha right now, 2019.2 might be a sweeter spot right now. And be aware that the Unity templates tend to install older versions of the pipeline, best to check for updates in the package manager or keep an eye on github versions of the pipelines and consider using those instead if package manager versions start to lag behind and you see VR-related stuff in the pipeline changelogs.

3. appymedia

appymedia

I get this problem using 2019.2.0f1 and have updated the LWRP package to 6.9.1. Right eye is blank and left eye contains both left and right so if you close your right eye you see the same as if its open. The editor gets corrupted like you see as well. If I switch Stereo Rendering Mode to single pass the problem goes away.

4. saifshk17

saifshk17

When I use single pass then the rendering is too far away. Faced this issue?

5. Beastly_Priest

Beastly_Priest

I also have the issue where only the left eye renders, though my editor doesn't freak out as much as in your picture. I haven't found any answers yet so I just reverted to using the 2019.1 LWRP VR template.