Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

LWRP and rendertextures for mock camera stacking? (4.10.0)

Discussion in 'Graphics Experimental Previews' started by chrismarch, Mar 1, 2019.

1. chrismarch

chrismarch

Using LWRP 4.10.0, is there a way to blur a scene that combines UI and 3D meshes/particles and then render some other UI on top of it? I am about to test rendering the scene to blur to a rendertexture, as I am not sure if this case is prevented by the lack of camera stacking.

I understand this is only a preview, and a lot of work is being done to offer features similar to camera stacking in the Unity 2019.1 version, but my project must stick with Unity 2018, and I want to understand if such sorting and post effects, as we depend on, can be achieved before Unity 2019.1. My understanding is that one camera must be used, and "Screen Space - Camera mode is the only mode not working."

Last edited: Mar 1, 2019
  2. chrismarch

chrismarch

I was able to sort canvases behind 3d using world space canvases, but this seems like a bit of a hack, so I am going to pass on the LWRP until it is out of preview and something like Screen Space - Camera canvas sorting vs 3D is supported better.