Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

LWRP 4.8.0 Multiple cameras with depth-only

Discussion in 'Graphics Experimental Previews' started by luvjungle, Jan 31, 2019.

1. luvjungle

luvjungle

Hi. I was using multiple cameras with depth only on LWRP 4.6.0 and lower, and they worked just fine.
    After upgrading to 4.8.0 and now to 4.9.0 in package manager, the views from cameras are not combining, depth-only camera shows solid background. So I stay on 4.6.0 version.
    I am wondering if this feature is no longer supported by LWRP or is it just a bug?

Delphic_ and diliuskh like this.
  2. luvjungle

luvjungle

Any info?

3. studentutu

studentutu

LWRP does not support Multi-Camera setup. There was a thread why they have decided so.

4. phil_lira

phil_lira

Unity Technologies

It was never supported. It was just undefined behaviour, while it might have worked on some cases it would break if you did viewport or in some platforms with some settings.

We are looking at a solution to support stacking actually now. It won't be same as builtin. Hopefully will come with a proposal soon.

Guerro323 likes this.
  5. luvjungle

luvjungle

Thank you. Hope to see new solution soon. Now I will just stick to the 4.6.0

6. Kichang-Kim

Kichang-Kim

@phil_lira Is there any roadmap or schedule for stacking support? My project uses built-in RP and camera stacking for multi-layer post processed UI (ex, non-blurred window in front of blurred scene + some other UI) and considering to replace it to LWRP. Is it comming in 2019.1 cycle?

7. CarlLee

CarlLee

Hi, I had the same problem, happy to know it's not just me.

I noticed another problem when I captured API calls with RenderDoc. LWRP is rendering into an FBO(let's call it B) serparate from the default FBO(let's to call it A) unity used to render into. This causes 2 blits to happen: one from B to A, one from A to backbuffer. This is too costly for mobile devices, why can't we just use one FBO instead?

Edit: After some testing, I see the depth texture is still blank even if I remove 2nd camera and Scene view. I'm testing with 4.10.0.

8. LukWol

LukWol

Hey @phil_lira, do you guys have any timeline for camera stacking in LWRP? Any predicted date when it would be released?

9. luvjungle

luvjungle

Wanted to ask the same question, since 2019.1 is out and LWRP is out of preview

Blarp and LukWol like this.
  10. LukWol

LukWol

CDCappa and Delphic_ like this.
  11. tspk91

tspk91

I believe they said camera stacking with LWRP would come with 2019.2 release.

12. CDCappa

CDCappa

I can do several tricks with a single camera configuring the canvas in a specific way, but then, I have a problem that I can not solve, the 3D "UI" objects that I have perfectly aligned in my HUD (still responsive), are drawn in perspective . (I NEED them in orthographic projection)

I have tested the beta version 2019.2.0b1 and it is not fixed.

I wanted to downgrade LWRP to version 4.6.0 in Unity release 2019.1.0f2, but it is not possible, using the Package Manager window as maximum you can downgrade to version 5.8.2.