Search Unity

LWP4Unity : Create Live Wallpapers with Unity 4.x and 3.x

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by oussa, Mar 25, 2013.

1. oussa

oussa

Hello,
    New Version (1.7.1) is available now on Unity Asset Store :

New Features :

+ Very stable and smooth
    + Faster on reload
    + Quick treatment of thread exceptions
    + battery saver

Enjoy and Thank you

2. dotmos

dotmos

Bought this pack a few hours ago and now have a fully working live wallpaper. It's really easy, thanks for this pack oussa! :)

I have two questions though:
    1.) I have some interactive objects in my lwp (you can touch objects which will then trigger something), which work fine in the editor, and also when the lwp is first started/set on the android device.
    However, if i start an app and then exit it, i can't interact with the lwp anymore. It seems that it's focus isn't set when returning to the homescreen. I have to restart the lwp to be able to interact with it again. How can i fix this?

2.) I'm wondering how i can add setting to my lwp (The window that opens when you double tap on the lwp). Can you explain how to do that?

Also, for the future, a written tutorial or at least a sample scene would be nice.

All in all i have to say i'm pretty pleased though. Keep up the nice work :)

3. oussa

oussa

Thank you very much Havoc for your FeedBack.
    Well , The plugin work fine with Gesture and Swipe on HomeScreen but sometime when the source code from unity Editor conflicts with default Gesture, or your Objects are not optimized for mobile , So they often block TouchScreen of devices..
    Well, Try to send me your email address here : roning.josef@gmail.com And i will send you an optimized TouchScreen Class and a tutorial for preference Settings.
    NB : I don't wanna post many solutions in this forums because by default the plugin work fine for many users and many issues are resolved with many solutions from one to the other.
    Thank you and i hope you can rate the plugin on asset store.

4. dotmos

dotmos

Just wanted to check in and ask if you got my mail? I sent it 3-4 days ago.

5. Pelukeiro

Pelukeiro

I got the following issues on the ver 1.7.1
    Hi, I am having unity 3.5.7 I tried to do this with lwp4unity v1.7.1 and I got the following messages after to export to eclipse:

[2013-07-06 18:58:42 - myapplication] Could not find myapplication.apk! (must I copy the apk from unity?)
    If I copied the apk mannualy it's working but not as lwp
    and I got the error mesasge(because the java libraries of lwp4unity after using the toolare not on eclipse(src folder empty))
    After copied the java libraries of lwp4unity I can not compile because the generated R class is not comming. any tip?
    Thanks in advance !!

6. oussa

oussa

Hi, It seem to be a problem with your eclipse and java compiler.
    And don't use the apk from unity because it's an activity class and also after exporting the LWP4Unity project from unity, you will not have an apk only when you run your android project on devices and please don't run your project on emulator.
    You can send me more details about the errors shown on eclipse. and if you can make a screenshot of the libs folder in eclipse and others.
    Thank you

7. oussa

oussa

Hi, Yes i received your email ( Sorry, after a long search, I found it ).
    I will try your apk and i will reply to you very soon ...
    Thank you and Sorry for misunderstanding..

Last edited: Jul 15, 2013
  8. dotmos

dotmos

Since you only seem to answer if i post in this thread, don't reply to my mails and i haven't got ANY help concerning my aforementioned problems i came to the conclusion that you are not interisted in giving your customers any support. If you don't have time for your customers, at least say so and don't let them wait for weeks without any word from you side.

I bought the other solution to deploy life wallpapers with unity a few days ago: uni2lwp.
    Since then, everything is working just fine. The problems i had, seem to be bugs in your package and not on my side, as it's working fine in uni2lwp.
    I recommend everyone to also have a look at uni2lwp before buying lwp4unity as the developer of uni2lwp seems to be more helpful and there's tutorials+samples. As an extra bonus, you get a working admob integration with uni2lwp. I use other ad-networks instead of admob, but its a nice thing to have.

I'm really sorry for posting all this, but i think it's only fair to warn other users.

Tips for the future (don't take these as a personal attack, i just want to let you know you what i think is going wrong):

- Don't be so secretive about bugs and tell everyone with a problem to send you a mail (which you won't answer anyway). Clearly state what bugs and problems there an in lwp4unity so everyone knows what he or she is dealing with. There is nothing wrong with a software having bugs, but not telling your customers about it is really bad practice.

- If you don't have time for customer support, clearly say so

- There is no documentation for lwp4unity. Maybe create a written tutorial at least? The videos you posted are sub-optimal since you neither say what you do, nor have it written down somewhere. There's just some (annoying) music in all your vids. If you don't want to talk, that's fine. But at least create some on-screen text to tell the user what's happening.

- In general: Be more transparent about your work. Let the customer know if you are working on fixing a bug, don't have time at the moment, or there are problems. If lwp4unity was a free product, you could be all secret about what is going on, since you have absolutely no responsibilty to the people who use it (well, this is not entirely true, but that's another topic). However, once you start selling a piece of software you (should) have the responsibility to make sure it's working out for the end-user. If the end-user is too stupid to use your product, then that's one thing. But if he found a bug and reports it or needs some help in a specific area, then you really should try to help him instead of simply ignoring him.

I hope you get this stuff sorted out, as lwp4unity clearly has potential. Until then, i'll stick with uni2lwp though.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2013
  9. oussa

oussa

Thank you Boh_HAVOC..
    you had no idea what you're talking about!!!
    And you are not a developer, So try to do anything else and leaves the chance for others advanced developers.
    But, thank you again.

Last edited: Jul 30, 2013
  10. dotmos

dotmos

I think you misunderstood, my post was not meant to be a personal attack (as already stated...) nor saying that your plugin is useless. I just wanted to point out, that your plugin has bugs that need fixing and that you are not giving any support.

How should i know that there is a big holiday in your country? You didn't tell anyone (as i already suggested in my last post: be more transparent about what is going on). If you said this 2 weeks ago, then all would have been fine. But you didn't, so it looked to me as if you are not interisted in helping your customers. It's not as if you hadn't got the chance to do so. I contacted you 4(!) times and you never said anything about a holiday or you not having time at the moment.

Wow, thanks for that personal attack. Actually if you did a little bit of research, you would know that what you say here is totally wrong. But i won't go into detail and tell you what games i worked on if you are too lazy to do the research yourself. At the end of the day i really don't care if you think i have zero experience :)
    When it comes to Live Wallpapers you are right though: I never did an LWP before. I only worked on desktop- and androidgames, helped in developing a console game and one ps vita/ps mini game and did some engine development. But no LWP i'm afraid.
    It's funny how you think i'm unprofessional and have zero experience just because i found a bug in your plugin. If i was doing default stuff with your plugin (=creating static LWPs) i would not have encountered the bug. But as i wanted to create a more interactive lwp with a little gameplay in it, i encountered it. So basically what you are telling me is that trying to create something innovative makes you an unprofessional developer with no experience? Doesn't make much sense for me...

Well, that's exactly what i did. In my last post i mentioned several things and gave advice on how you MIGHT do things better in the future. I also created a sample for the bug i encountered and send it to by email. Not only are you making wrong accusations again, but you are also attacking me personally again ( "(..)And if you were a professional, you should know(..)" ) just because i point out an error in your plugin and tried to help? That's just sad.

You must be quite the professional, not being able to handle bug reports and advices from a customer and instead personally attack and defame him and act all childish.
    You should really think about the way you are reacting and talking to other people who are just trying to help. ;)

Please don't bother answering, i won't visit this thread again as this whole debate is getting really dull and i feel like i'm running in circles when trying to talk to you. ;)

Have a nice holiday and maybe try to improve your social skills. :)

Last edited: Jul 21, 2013
  11. aagrlp640

aagrlp640

Does it work with the latest version of unit3d Unity 4.2
    Thanks

12. app9free

app9free

Anyone have some demo .apk?
    oussa?

Thanks

13. scone

scone

Hi there. I'm interested in using sensors (compass, gyro, accelerometer) with a live wallpaper. I seem to be just getting back 0,0,0 from the builtin Unity values. Am I doing it wrong or are sensors broken in Live Wallpapers?

14. scone

scone

I've found a workaround for the sensor data, but now I'm trying to get the camera to pan when the user changes home screen pages. Has anyone gotten this interaction to work right?

15. Kassan Mohamad Fouad

Kassan Mohamad Fouad

Does it support unity 4.2.x?????

16. Kassan Mohamad Fouad

Kassan Mohamad Fouad

I want to know to

17. oussa

oussa

Hi, it doesn't work with 4.2.x, Only with 3.4.x till 4.1.x just like the other plugins available on the market...

18. miroku000

miroku000

Do you expect to eventually support Unity 4.2.x and beyond? Or did Unity break something that would make that impossible?

19. miroku000

miroku000

It doesn't work with 4.15f1, which is the most current 4.1.x. So which version of Unity do I need to download to get this to work?

I get the following error message:

Unity 4.1.5f1 is not supported by LWP4Unity
    UnityEngine.Debug:LogError(Object)
    LWP4Eclipse:OnGUI() (at Assets/LWP4Unity/Editor/LWP4Eclipse.cs:70)
    UnityEditor.HostView:OnGUI()

20. schonetech

schonetech

Hi there,

I just bought this plugin and I have to say it works great. I've got one question though:

The UnityPlayer doesnt seem to get accelerometer events (Input.acceleration is always Vector3.zero).
    Is there some special handling needed or is it just not possible?

Thank you very much!

21. oussa

oussa

Hello,
    You have just to call the accelerometer class in the main class and send the x,y,z values to unityplayer with SendMessage Method and of course
    add the accelerometer permission in the manifest.xml ...
    Anyway, i'm preparing to add the new version on the asset store with many new feature as accelerometer, gyroscope and more new stuffs...
    thank you for your interest...

22. schonetech

schonetech

Hi there,

I managed to get the accelerometer working with your hint (UnityPlayer.UnitySendMessage).
    I noticed that unity doesnt recognize orientation changes, such as ScreenOrientation.LandscapeLeft and so on.
    Is there a similar trick?

Cheers

23. Kassan Mohamad Fouad

Kassan Mohamad Fouad

Can you update it for working in unity 4.2.x???

24. IPete2

IPete2

Hey Oussa,

I'm interested in purchasing, can you let me know when the accelerometer version may be out please?

IPete2

25. oussa

oussa

Hi,
    Thank you for your interest, the new version will be available on the asset store monday 20/01/2014

26. oussa

oussa

Till now, the shared object of unity is incompatible with the android Engine Class...
    maybe it will be working with 4.3.x, we are testing now with this new version..
    thank you

27. q3er

q3er

Hi! I'm interested in buying your plugin. Is there support for unity 4.3.2 for now?

28. dimmduh

dimmduh

29. subnetzero

subnetzero

Hi Oussa,

I purchased your plugin from the asset store and was wondering if you could provide the demo apk you used in the video? I would like to incorporate some of those features and although I'm familiar with eclipse and android development I am not so familiar with unity.

Thanks

30. oussa

oussa

Hi, Can you send me your invoice ID ???

31. burnner

burnner

Hi,
    Does it work with the newest version of unity? Because your thread title says it's for unity 4.x

32. oussa

oussa

Hi,
    the plugin works with version 3.4 until version 4.0.1...

33. KhmerDude

KhmerDude

will this work with unity 4.0.0 or 4.0.1 I have test it in the 4.0.1 and it work in unity but when i import it to eclipse, it doesn't work. there is a problem with the MyDemoSettings.java file within the src/com.live.wallpaper folder. Can you help with this?

34. oussa

oussa

Hi, try (Ctrl + shift + o) to import and organize the missing class. also verify your android manifest.xml if the name is correct. Otherwise, send me your class by email with the error message and i will reply to you very soon even that there is no such problems invoked with the plugin..

35. domu13

domu13

hi, your plug is great.
    It work nice but i've got a problem;
    unity loose the focus when the parameter view come(or any view that come). and then the touch input seem to freeze.
    the log of touch event is ok but unity is like freeze.
    have you ever seen a similar bug.
    all interaction i would code freeze. but without interaction all is ok.

36. pako

pako

Hello everyone,

I have just made a post to Unity's Feedback forum titled:
    "Reinstate support for Android Live Wallpapers".

I did this in effort to bring back support for Android Live Wallpapers to Unity's current versions. In order for this idea (post) to receive Unity's attention it must be voted as much as possible. Each of us has up to 10 votes in total to give to all ideas we like and we can give more than 1 vote to each idea. So, if you want to support this idea, please vote it as much as possible (and tell your friends too :)).

Here is the link:
    http://feedback.unity3d.com/suggestions/reinstate-support-for-android-live-wallpapers

Thanks!

37. Skaarah

Skaarah

What is the current version support for this? 3.x and 4.x is not enough information. I just bought this but I can't use it and I am about to request a refund.

38. PiedLove_com

PiedLove_com

Bought this pack a few hours ago and now have just one error in your java files:

You declareted in GLWallpaperService.java
    public void setRenderer( Renderer renderer )

and call in JavaSource UnityWallpaper.java
    mGle.setRenderer( mUnityPlayer );

but mUnityPlayer is UnityPlayer type
    and not mUnityPlayer as "renderer" type!!!

That is why error occurs.
    That is error talking in Eclipse!

Please help to resolve your code in Eclipse!

===============
    Max.
    The developer of http://piedlove.com team

Last edited: Oct 14, 2014
  39. PiedLove_com

PiedLove_com

LWP4UNity-Eclipse-error-1.png LWP4UNity-Eclipse-error-2.png LWP4UNity-Not-Support-Unity-4.5.4.png

I suppose u didn't refunded yet?
    If you are the developer then:
    I want to make a deal with U!
    I tell U how to activate this pluguin under U 4.5.4 and 4.5.5 (with a simple 2 hack step within 1 min),
    and You help me with to fix my question about error in GLWallpaperService.java and UnityWallpaper.java files!

Waiting for your answer!
    ===============
    Max.
    The developer of http://piedlove.com team.
    And very very want to make this plugin to work!!!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 23, 2014
  40. Pelukeiro

Pelukeiro

Same issue as our friend told:
    Bought this pack a few hours ago and now have just one error in your java files:

You declareted in GLWallpaperService.java
    public void setRenderer( Renderer renderer )

and call in JavaSource UnityWallpaper.java
    mGle.setRenderer( mUnityPlayer );

but mUnityPlayer is UnityPlayer type
    and not mUnityPlayer as "renderer" type!!!

That is why error occurs.
    That is error talking in Eclipse!

Please help to resolve your code in Eclipse!

Is happening too in 4.6.2fp2 so Man c'mon we pay, tell us the hack? :p

41. aqq

aqq

Hello, oussa.
    I have a question about themes. How can I to make themes in Unity? Maybe, I have this problem, because I can't find Bubble script in getting files.
    And can I make a button in Preference Screen, which link to the site? (sorry, if I wrong).