Search Unity

LWP4Unity : Create Live Wallpapers with Unity 4.x and 3.x

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by oussa, Mar 25, 2013.

1. WaZap

WaZap

Oussa, did your plugin works with 4.1.2 version? And when you return to the home screen from another app do you have blask screen at the background for a little time before the live wallpaper appear again?

2. oussa

oussa

check you email thanks.

3. douglasfigueira

douglasfigueira

I have just received the package and will try it right now!! Thanks...

4. oussa

oussa

Hello,
    The plugin work with all version of unity.
    And about black screen, As i know no problem appear with the plugin and work very well

Kind Regards

5. oussa

oussa

The problem of settings screen is not solved till now..
    So you can use double tap to open setting menu (already integrated)

6. oussa

oussa

7. resheez

resheez

oussa.. thanks.. just send the money using PayPal...

8. annous

annous

Thank you for this great plugin,i've test it great keep going...thanks :eek:

9. invisiblesense

invisiblesense

Hi,

Can we change the lwp description using this plugin?

Thanks.

10. douglasfigueira

douglasfigueira

Oussa, I am following the instructions of the VeryImportant.txt, and already did my apk. After install in my tablet, the screen freezes at "Loading live wallpaper..." message. Doesn't load my LWP...

Your plugin seems to be a personal project that you are selling, with code for a specific project, "skeleton project" in the case, pointing to specific skeleton activities, methods, not a general template for any one to use.... please correct me if I'm wrong... Or at least instruct us to understand your project and make the changes and adaptations by ourselves... Have I to delete all the methods on "MyPreferencesActivity", that are pointing to your personal project? Like "Soap Bubles", I don't know what that bubles means, I don't have any buble in my project, and I think that's the reason why the LWP doesn't load... Waiting for any advice... thanks

11. oussa

oussa

Can you explain what do you mean .. Thanks

12. oussa

oussa

Check your email please..

13. douglasfigueira

douglasfigueira

Hi Oussa, I read your email, and replied with the steps I have did... Waiting for any answer or the video that you said... thank you...

14. invisiblesense

invisiblesense

I meant can we include description of what our lwp is about, its the screen where we pick the lwp from.

Do you know what I am referring to now?

15. douglasfigueira

douglasfigueira

Hi guys, now the LWP is working fine... All I have did was go back to the 4.0.1 version and now it's ok... The plugin is not working with 4.1.2, at least with me.

16. oussa

oussa

that's a good news.
    I will see why is not working with 4.1.2. and i will give you a answer very soon
    Thank you for your interest and trust.

17. annous

annous

he works fine for me also now i'am optimizing my live wallpaper to cast all props on your amazing plugin $screnshot.jpg

18. oussa

oussa

looks very beautiful, nice job..
    Waiting for your android application on google play..
    Thank you

19. oussa

oussa

You can do all the stuff done with the standard live wallpaper
    Try the plugin, Thanks

20. WaZap

WaZap

Oussa thanks for all. But the size of the final app is 12mb (unity2eclipse has 6mb). And in the size on the device is about 23mb. Is this normal? Thanks )

21. oussa

oussa

did you buy LWP4Unity ? If yes , send me an email and i will give you a best solution to decrease size
    from 23 to 7-8 mb
    Thanks

Last edited: Apr 5, 2013
  22. resheez

resheez

oussa... any tutorial on how to make gyroscope effect works..??

23. oussa

oussa

did you use GyroDroid package before ?

24. resheez

resheez

yes I do... but since I new to scripting I don't know how to modify the script to limit the camera rotation along it's orbit.. right now it rotating 360 (limitless )

25. oussa

oussa

Check your email for more details.
    Thanks

26. WaZap

WaZap

Yes Iam your client already and I'd sent to you email with that question too. But in nearby forum branch I've found similar problem and the answer there is that Unity 4 has different libs and their size is bigger than in Unity 3.2. But maybe you have any solution in that case. Google Play is waiting for our wallpapers :)

27. oussa

oussa

sorry for my late to reply you, The solution is coming very soon, I'm preparing the package with new modification and it takes time to all assemble.
    I can't explain the way here,but the solution is tested and it reduce 40% the apk. ( Solution used by dualboot games ).
    So , you can wait to give a useful apk.

28. WaZap

WaZap

Of course! Do all what you need. And about dualboot games :) I have examained their products with curiosity to understand are they using Unity or self designed engine for live wallpapers. On some scenes it seems to me that its original unity components... But their wallpapers are have not ANY pauses when you wake up the phone or return to home screen. Not even an eye can catch! This is the main feature that tells me that they have any secret or they are does not use Unity engine. But I dont disassemble their apk so it only my thoughts...

29. douglasfigueira

douglasfigueira

Hi Oussa,
    I have 2 questions. The first is that I sent you a email for almost 2 days ago and have not had a reply about a problem with preferences. I think it should be something simple to solve, related to their shared preferences. And another question is that I am customer and have not received neither your new update by email or any notification.

30. oussa

oussa

I sent to all LWP4Unity users a new release of package 3 days ago. I think all the problems are solved and that the plugin is very simple to use. Enjoy !!!:D
    Thank you and waiting for feedback
    Oussa

Last edited: Apr 15, 2013
  31. hellaandrew

hellaandrew

I'm testing on the Nexus 10. I've noticed that Live Wallpapers made with this plugin don't load after turning off the device then on again. When I do, my wallpaper gets set to the default image.

Is this happening to anyone else?

Last edited: Apr 19, 2013
  32. oussa

oussa

It's not related to the plugin, it's now your task to change like you want on your android manifest to enable many permission and intent-filters.....
    the plugin contains a basic example....
    thx

33. hellaandrew

hellaandrew

I believe I have solved this problem. In the Android Manifest, the section where android:installLocation="preferExternal", you may want to change it to android:installLocation="internalOnly". The reason is because if it is installed on the external sdcard, the app will not be able to run if the device is plugged into the computer for file transfer, or whenever it is booted on.

This plugin has been pretty stable so far.. great work!!!!! I highly recommend

34. hellaandrew

hellaandrew

Hi oussa, I'm wondering what progress you've made recently on your plugin.

It's working out quite well so far.

35. Viper0110

Viper0110

What are the average size of apks when using Unity 3.x and Unity 4.x?

36. oussa

oussa

Hello, When using 3.4 the size of your Apk will have a min of 500Ko but with 3.5.x and 4.x the min size will exceed 2 Mo because the new lib file.
    that's why we have more options when using 4.x (more motion effect and more particle effect and smoothing).
    With LWP4Unity available on Asset Store : https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/#/content/8483. you have the ability to use both when needed.
    Thank you

37. oussa

oussa

38. mapletree

mapletree

Hello oussa!

Could you please link me to a working APK on google play ( or elsewhere ) which is made with LWP4unity plugin? I want to test how stable it is before buying it and digging in and pouring in lots of time ( especially on Android 4.0.3 which tends to be the worst of all ).

Thanks!

39. kevdotbadger

kevdotbadger

I've ran into loads of issues with this. We need either a written tutorial, or a voice over for the video tutorial you've recorded.

When i generate the wallpaper I don't seem to have a "Plugins" folder, I also have loads of issues with "mono not found". It does this on both the android emulator and a real device (HTC One).

We just need more documentation, I feel that I've wasted money on this.

40. oussa

oussa

Hello,
    New video tutorial will be available very very soon explaining how to use the plugin.
    NB: New Version (1.7) ( tested with maximum new device )is under Pending Review and it will be available on max 2 days you can update from asset store.
    If you have already a plugins folder on unity , it will be exported automatically on the android project
    And the OpenGl 2.0 doesn't work with emulator
    Thank you

Last edited: Jun 18, 2013
  41. TFizz

TFizz

Hi oussa, I just bought your plugin it looks promising, however I'm really not sure how to use it? How do I get to the stage where you are in the video tutorial?

42. kevdotbadger

kevdotbadger

I've never had a "Plugins" folder, where does that get generated?

43. oussa

oussa

New Video tutorial is available : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3X8sL8qDLv8.
    New version in under review by Unity Administrators, Please don't forget to update ..
    For all users who purchased the plugin, please send me your email address with your transaction ID and i will send you more tutorials and demo apk..
    Thank you

44. OdomenCK

OdomenCK

Hi oussa, I have sent you a private email with my purchase and ID and do not answer me is there a problem???

45. oussa

oussa

Hi, i got nothing received, please send me in this email address : roning.josef@gmail.com.
    I will be available from 7 PM GMT+2
    Thank you

46. OdomenCK

OdomenCK

No is happening, and you and sent two emails since yesterday not counting private and even send you do not see an answer. my email is srchemi@gmail.com please contact me to arrange this.

47. oussa

oussa

Now, I received your email. Video Tutorial and demo apk are sent to you
    Thank you

Last edited: Jun 23, 2013
  48. OdomenCK

OdomenCK

I'm sorry but I think a link you've posted here and I apk file help at all. Not you say you would send more tutorials??

49. oussa

oussa

I'm waiting for your feedBack since you got the apk and tutorials.
    Thank you,

Last edited: Jun 26, 2013
  50. OdomenCK

OdomenCK

I sent you an email a few days ago. Well my problem is to change the preferences and the offsetchanged. It would be much appreciate an example of unity of the first video tutorial. And another thing, when you think you will be the 1.7 version?

Thanks!