Search Unity

[Lunar Mobile Console] High-performance Unity iOS/Android logger built with native platform UI

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by weeeBox, Aug 13, 2015.

?

How would you prefer the plugin to be integrated into your project?

1. Open Source: I can modify files and have them compiled every time Unity builds my game

2. Binaries: I still have an access to the source code on Github but can't modify them in my project

3. None: I don't need your plugin - go to hell!

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Egil-Sandfeld

Egil-Sandfeld

Yes that works fine, thank you :)

2. weeeBox

weeeBox

Great!

Please, don't forget to rate and review the plug-in in the Asset Store if you found it useful?

3. nicloay

nicloay

Can someone please explain what's the "Target" here
    Code (CSharp):
    1. Listening For Variable Changes
    3. You can register delegates and get notified whenever the value is changed:
    5. myVar.AddDelegate((value) => {
    6.     Debug.Log("New value is " + value);
    7. });
    9. Don't forget to remove the delegate to avoid memory leaks (would be changed to weak references in the future)
    11. myVar.RemoveDelegates(target);
    Thanks

4. weeeBox

weeeBox

nicloay likes this.
  5. HarrisonShort

HarrisonShort

Hi @weeeBox,

My team has been using Lunar Console for a while now and have been loving it, thanks for your work on it!

We've recently set up Unity Cloud Build, which has provided it's own set of hurdles, and have followed your tutorial on setting up Lunar Console with UCB. We were getting close to having our iOS builds set up (Android work with no issue), but kept running into an issue with XCode involving "Undefined symbols for architecture arm64." After disabling LunarConsole (and having a successful build right after that), I decided to dive a little deeper.

Code (CSharp):
    1. 18510:;  Undefined symbols for architecture arm64
    2. 18511: > Symbol: ___lunar_console_destroy
    3. 18512: > Referenced from: _PlatformIOS___lunar_console_destroy_m18D0AAE6ED262912AA321F886D0F60CA057396A9 in Bulk_Assembly-CSharp-firstpass_4.o
    4. 18513:;  ld: symbol(s) not found for architecture arm64
    5. 18514:;  clang: error:
    6. 18515: ** ARCHIVE FAILED **
    7. 18516: The following build commands failed:
    As you can see above, there is an issue with ___lunar_console_destroy, so I found this code, commented it out, re-enabled Lunar Console and ran another build, which succeeded! And furthermore, it appears as if LC is working as expected!

So I was just wondering what you recommend doing here, as we don't want to be potentially breaking functionality of Lunar Console. Have you come across this issue before? I've not worked with many native plug-ins in the past, so my apologies if I'm missing something obvious. I can't speak for anyone else on my team but I'd also like to know more about this issue with symbols, instead of just commenting something out and moving on, ahaha. Annoyingly, this issue does not come up during local builds, it only happens on UCB.

We are using:
    Unity 2018.4.2
    XCode 10.2.0
    Latest Version of Lunar Console (to my knowledge)

Hope to hear back soon. Thank you!
    - Harrison

6. BQT

BQT

Hi,
    can use this in unity also?
    can i see lunar console while run my game on unity?

7. MD_Reptile

MD_Reptile

No, you would just use the normal editor console while using the editor, because this would provide no further functionality.

8. noora-sq

noora-sq

I am also getting this error on importing the package from the asset store:

Can't enable Android plugin: unable to create importer for 'Assets/LunarConsole/Editor/Android/lunar-console.aar'. Re-install Lunar Mobile Console to fix the issue.

I've tried reimporting a couple of times but keep getting the same error.

However if I build to Android, everything works fine except the console reads "Lunar Console v?.?.?". The first time I built to Android the console was empty but the second time it was magically working - so if anyone else has this problem, just try again.

I'm running Unity 2019.2.0f1-

9. yogi_kenobi

yogi_kenobi

I purchased the Pro version but I can't figure out where to enable transparency. On the settings dialog on device there is only 'Enabled', 'Max visible Lines' and 'Timeout' options on 'Log Overlay' part. Can't find anywhere the transparency setting.

trungvt1690 likes this.
  10. AAK_Lebanon

AAK_Lebanon

Hi, I am building an XCode project on windows and copy it to a mac, but I always get this error on xcode when I try to publish to my iPhone:

CopyPNGFile /Users/aaklebanon/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/Unity-iPhone-chccauorzfcqavbulauiiyjcwtod/Build/Products/ReleaseForRunning-iphoneos/samples.app/lunar_console_resize_handle_vertical@3x.png /Users/aaklebanon/Assets/LunarConsole/Editor/iOS/Common/Images/lunar_console_resize_handle_vertical@3x.png (in target: Unity-iPhone)
    cd /Users/aaklebanon/Desktop/iOS
    export DEVELOPER_DIR=/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer
    export SDKROOT=/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/iPhoneOS.platform/Developer/SDKs/iPhoneOS12.2.sdk
    export TOOLCHAINS=
    /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/usr/bin/copypng -compress -strip-PNG-text /Users/aaklebanon/Assets/LunarConsole/Editor/iOS/Common/Images/lunar_console_resize_handle_vertical@3x.png /Users/aaklebanon/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/Unity-iPhone-chccauorzfcqavbulauiiyjcwtod/Build/Products/ReleaseForRunning-iphoneos/samples.app/lunar_console_resize_handle_vertical@3x.png

error: Build input file cannot be found: '/Users/aaklebanon/Assets/LunarConsole/Editor/iOS/Common/Images/lunar_console_resize_handle_vertical@3x.png'

UPDATE: I have found the solution, it was mentioned in the wiki troubleshooting page, just add this define to your project: LUNAR_CONSOLE_EXPORT_IOS_FILES.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2019
  11. weeeBox

weeeBox

12. trooper

trooper

@weeeBox is there any way to get a hold of the full log file or an array of all the collected lines so that I can attach it to my bug reports? I currently only record unity logs but would love to grab lunarconsole's logs so it includes native message too.

13. weeeBox

weeeBox

Hey @trooper, at this point the plugin only collects logs from Unity

14. trooper

trooper

Understood, I read the description wrong :)

15. weeeBox

weeeBox

Lunar Mobile Console v1.6.3 is now pending!

Fixes:

• Unity 2019.3b incompatibility fix.

16. sathya

sathya

@weeeBox
    Any clue why this happens when importing the package?
    Unity 2019.2.0

Code (CSharp):
    1. Can't enable Android plugin: unable to create importer for 'Assets/LunarConsole/Editor/Android/lunar-console.aar'. Re-install Lunar Mobile Console to fix the issue.
    2. UnityEngine.Debug:LogErrorFormat(String, Object[])
    3. LunarConsoleEditorInternal.AndroidPlugin:SetEnabled(Boolean) (at Assets/LunarConsole/Editor/AndroidPlugin.cs:48)
    4. LunarConsoleEditorInternal.Autorun:.cctor() (at Assets/LunarConsole/Editor/Autorun.cs:39)
    5. UnityEditor.EditorAssemblies:ProcessInitializeOnLoadAttributes(Type[])

17. weeeBox

weeeBox

Hey @sathya, this is fixed in the upcoming v1.6.3 release (still pending - should go live anytime now)

sathya likes this.
  18. novaVision

novaVision

Are you planning to improve log file format sent by email? Some other assets use html format with expandable stack trace and pretty view as Unity Editor Console has. Would be great if you add it to paid version

19. weeeBox

weeeBox

Hey @novaVision,

Yes, this is on the roadmap. Feel free to create a GitHub issue.

20. weeeBox

weeeBox

21. FKInno

FKInno

Any update on the release of the 1.6.3 PRO version in the asset store?

22. weeeBox

weeeBox

23. weeeBox

weeeBox

Lunar Mobile Console v1.6.4 is now pending!

Fixes:

• Unity 2020.x incompatibility fix.

@FKInno, I went back and forth with Unity Asset Store support team but they've never published 1.6.3 update. Submitted 1.6.4 (fingers and toes crossed)

24. weeeBox

weeeBox

25. justinl

justinl

@weeeBox I'm working on a VR project for Oculus Quest. Is there a way to simply have the lunar console display in 3D space instead of ScreenSpace? Essentially I'd like to have the log on some plane rendering in 3D space. I don't necessarily need all the functionality to interact with it, but just to be able to view logs while in game would be fantastic. I'm happy to purchase the PRO version as well.

26. weeeBox

weeeBox

@justinl, I haven't tried to run it with Oculus (got not hardware). The plugin itself uses native Android UI and renders in 2d window so not sure if that's currently possible.

27. justinl

justinl

Good to know. Thanks!

28. litebox

litebox

Hi, I use Lunar Mobile Console Pro for few months and it is very good. The only thing I cannot figure out, is how to get rid of warnings "[Lunar Mobile Console] Can't register action: plugin is disabled".
    I use this approach: Console is enabled for dev-branch of my app and utilises next logic for cheats:
    Code (CSharp):
    1. private void Awake()
    2.         {
    3.             LunarConsole.RegisterAction("Show InterstitialAds", ShowInterstitialAds);
    4.             LunarConsole.RegisterAction("Show RewardedAds", ShowRewardedAds);
    5.             LunarConsole.RegisterAction("Open Next Level", OpenNextLevel);
    6.             LunarConsole.RegisterAction("Reset Progress", ResetProgress);
    7.         }
    It works pretty good until I create release-branch where I Disable Console. After this I start getting warnings in Unity Editor and in app Analytics.
    I was looking for some variable inside LunarConsole class like IsEnabled or something but didn't find. Also I tried to utilise this approach:
    Code (CSharp):
    1. private void Awake()
    2.         {
    3. #if LUNAR_CONSOLE_ENABLED
    4.             LunarConsole.RegisterAction("Show InterstitialAds", ShowInterstitialAds);
    5.             LunarConsole.RegisterAction("Show RewardedAds", ShowRewardedAds);
    6.             LunarConsole.RegisterAction("Open Next Level", OpenNextLevel);
    7.             LunarConsole.RegisterAction("Reset Progress", ResetProgress);
    8. #endif
    9.         }
    But somewhy LUNAR_CONSOLE_ENABLED / LUNAR_CONSOLE_DISABLED is not visible in scope of Assets/Scripts folder.

Any ideas how to achieve this?
    Cheers

29. hundred_hands

hundred_hands

Hey @weeeBox
    I use the latest version of Lunar Mobile Console FREE and I have a problem.
    I can’t show Console in Editor mode.
    I tried to use:
    Code (CSharp):
    1. LunarConsolePlugin.LunarConsole.Show();
    But PlatformEditor doesn't have any code for showing console.
    How does it work?

30. weeeBox

weeeBox

The console shows on iOS/Android devices

31. IggyZuk

IggyZuk

Hey @weeeBox, is it okay to move LunarConsole folder to the Plugins folder? Or best to leave it in the Assets root?

32. weeeBox

weeeBox

Hey @IggyZuk

You can place it anywhere inside Assets folder.

p.s. don't forget to rate and review the plugin if you find it useful!

IggyZuk likes this.
  33. SkySupra

SkySupra

Hello @weeeBox. Will this work if the LunarConsole is put into a package and downloaded via npm? Maybe not, because scripts try to edit readonly files (eg. AndroidPlugin.cs).

34. weeeBox

weeeBox

@SkySupra, I haven't tried it yet but most likely won't work since the plugin modifies it's own files

SkySupra likes this.
  35. ExcaliburGames

ExcaliburGames

Hello @weeeBox

Thanks for a great asset, but I have one question about Variables.
    So when Console opens I want to set actual values for console variables. For this, I used event LunarConsolePlugin.LunarConsole.onConsoleOpened

But when console opens I see default values, not actual.

Code (CSharp):
    2. private void Start()
    3. {
    4.    LunarConsolePlugin.LunarConsole.onConsoleOpened += OnConsoleOpened;
    5.    LunarConsolePlugin.LunarConsole.onConsoleClosed += OnConsoleClosed;
    7.    foreach (CVar cvar in m_variables)
    8.    {
    9.       cvar.AddDelegate(OnVariableChanged);
    10.    }
    11. }
    13. private void OnConsoleOpened()
    14. {
    15.    Debug.Log("Console open");
    16.    m_variables[0].Value = GetCurrentLevelId().ToString();
    17.    m_variables[1].Value = GetGems().ToString();
    18. }

36. weeeBox

weeeBox

Hi, thanks!

Did you register your variables in a class with [CVarContainer] attribute?

37. weeeBox

weeeBox

@ExcaliburGames, I found the issue: originally variables were designed to be constant and only get updated via UI on mobile phone. As the time passed, this was changed and a bug was introduced (as I just discovered). Give me a couple of moments to make a fix. Sorry for the inconvenience!

38. ExcaliburGames

ExcaliburGames

Hi @weeeBox Thank you so fast reaction! Will be happy if you help me =)

39. weeeBox

weeeBox

@ExcaliburGames, please, find hotfix attached. Let me know if it works for you!

Attached Files:

40. weeeBox

weeeBox

Make sure you are using the latest plugin version (1.8.0) before applying the hotfix.

41. ExcaliburGames

ExcaliburGames

Hi @weeeBox yes it's working! Thank you so mutch!

42. weeeBox

weeeBox

@ExcaliburGames, sure thing! Sorry for the issue!

p.s. don't forget to rate and review the plugin if you find it useful - I would really appreciate that.

43. ExcaliburGames

ExcaliburGames

Hi @weeeBox
    I have a very strange problem with asset, How I can remove it from the project?
    I removed prefab, Disabled from editor, removed all related files, rolled back to version before installing asset , but still when I build it I can see new created lunar-mobile-console-variables.bin file with some data on android device?

44. weeeBox

weeeBox

45. ExcaliburGames

ExcaliburGames

Hi @weeeBox "build output folder" - you mean folder where a new apk file created?

46. weeeBox

weeeBox

@ExcaliburGames, sorry for the late reply: I thought, I've replied already.

You can find your build folder here: <ProjectDir>/Temp/gradleOut

47. trungvt1690

trungvt1690

How can I change background of feature "Log Overlay" to "transparency"?
    I use unity 2019.2.21 + LunarConsolePro 1.6.6, my phone is ASUS_X00DD, android 8.1.0
    (Your demo apk from GooglePlay is working fine on my phone.)

Attached Files:

48. weeeBox

weeeBox

Hey @trungvt1690, you can change background color in LunarConsole prefab settings (see attached screenshot)

Attached Files:

trungvt1690 likes this.
  49. trungvt1690

trungvt1690

Thank, I found my problem.

50. Gleb_Palchin

Gleb_Palchin

Hey @weeeBox,
    Great Asset!

Do you have any plans to add some sorting or grouping feature for Actions and Variables?

Or at least a very very usefull feature to create combos of variable + button:
    Ex. I have to create a few cheats, to add money and set some level of some skills, it would be perfect to have the input field aligned with the button so I don't have to search the field in the variables list and then back to the methods to search the one that applies the value.

EDIT:
    I am trying to reset the variables from code, for example this scenario:
    Set the variable "Money" to whatever value you need, press ok, the money will be added via delegate option, and reset the variable to 0 for the next use.

Now I set the value to 0 from code but it doesn't update :..(

Last edited: Oct 27, 2020