Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Luminosity and Gamma variations after the URP 8.01 up to 9.00

Discussion in 'Universal Render Pipeline' started by Mauro1965, Apr 29, 2020.

1. Mauro1965

Mauro1965

I'm testing the latest URP versions on the 2020.1beta & 2020.2a.after i noticed a strange behaviour in the URP 7.3.1 on unity 2013.3.11f1.
    The luminosity and the gamma range are complety different switching the versions.
    On the 7.3.1 the FXAA acts as a sort of white fog instead in the 7.1.8 it is a normal smoothing filter.

I'm quite confused because after the version 7.18 (I mean the 7.3.1 , 8.10 and so on up to the 9.00) i have very strange effects in terms of luminosity and gamma range.
    Every version is different from the previous one. Without the postprocessing some are very dark, others switch to a white foggy style with the postprocessing active, but with all post processing disabled, and i'm not able to balance the right colors and contrast.
    I see even a different contrast between the camera view on the editor and the VR window.

I have the sensation that a volume postprocess is defined as bug somewhere.
    Quite scared to see the same problem still present in the 9.00 preview version too.

I hope I'm doing something wrong.. but i'm quite sure that all versions after the 7.1.8 have problems or at least have a totally different response.

Even with the default URP Template without any change , only the URP version between 7.18 to another one is visible the issue.

I just discovered that these problems are related to my configuration only (VR with Window XR plugin). So could be a bug inside the XR pluging managment or the XR pluging itself in conbination with the new URP versions. I'm going to try downgrade the XR version.

After some tests I discovered that this is a XR bug and not URP.
    I disabled all XR ed activated the deprecated openVr mode and all work perfectly.

Last edited: Apr 30, 2020
    Devil_Inside likes this.