Search Unity

Ludum Dare and 4.6?

Discussion in 'UGUI & TextMesh Pro' started by wccrawford, Aug 22, 2014.

1. wccrawford

wccrawford

Are there going to be any problems with web builds for Ludum Dare using the beta of 4.6? I hadn't considered it until I saw something in another topic.

Thanks!

2. GibTreaty

GibTreaty

http://unity3d.com/unity/beta/4.6

"Note: Although Unity 4.6 is a near-complete solution, we recommend that you use it for testing only, and not for content you plan to ship soon."

So yea, sadly we won't be able to use it for the Ludum Dare unless you just want to supply them with the standalone player. Otherwise if you try to build a webplayer, it will only work for you.

3. Tim-C

Tim-C

Unity Technologies

You can use it, we will push an update to the web player channel soon if we have not yet.

4. Cheshyr

Cheshyr

That's awesome; thank you. I was about to revert to 4.5 for Ludum Dare, but glad it's not required... it seems like a great place to demo your new features.

5. Melang

Melang

Has anyone tested this? This webplayer (by senritsu from another thread) works alright for me. Haven't tried it on a computer with no Unity installed though.

6. Cheshyr

Cheshyr

So far it's worked for me and the 3 other people who have tested it. One of them had never installed the Beta, so that seems fairly safe... although i'm not doing anything complex. http://goo.gl/wPSNGR

wccrawford likes this.
  7. Cheshyr

Cheshyr

So it does look like 4.6 beta UI elements are causing some minor glitches in Chrome and 4.5 Webplayer... mostly unresponsive buttons. Hitting Refresh a few times after game load seems to fix it, as well as switching to IE. Not sure if it's the beta, or Chrome causing the issue.