Search Unity

1. Calling all beginners! Join the FPS Beginners Mods Challenge until December 13.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. It's Cyber Week at the Asset Store!
    Dismiss Notice

Ludum Dare 35

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by CptDustmite, Apr 18, 2016.

1. CptDustmite

CptDustmite

We usually have a thread for each event, couldn't find one for 35!

If you're new to Ludum Dare, it's a quarterly global game jam - 48 hours for solo devs, 72 hours for teams.

Here's my entry Panzerantix: http://ludumdare.com/compo/ludum-dare-35/?action=preview&uid=11137

I'd love to see other Unity entries! Please post yours if you entered :)

2. FyreDogStudios

FyreDogStudios

I always wanted to take part in Ludum Dare but for some reason I always ended up missing it, i'll have to keep noted when the next one takes place. Your game looks really nice too.

3. Tanel

Tanel

I'm digging your game. The turns should be faster though, there's just too much waiting. Also, I don't really see a way to accurately guess where the mines would be? So, on some levels you'd just have to fail (unless you get lucky of course :p) to see how to place the mine destroying thingy.

4. Aiursrage2k

Aiursrage2k

I was going to enter but I didnt get far enough to bother entering

5. pk_Holzbaum

pk_Holzbaum

Here is my entry: http://ludumdare.com/compo/ludum-dare-35/?action=preview&uid=86217

It was my first GameJam and I'm pretty happy with the results. It is a simple plattformer with the ability to change seasons. There are still some issues with the controls, but overall I'm statisfied with the result :)

EDIT:
    CptDustmite Really interesting game you made there. Could probably be expanded in something really great. In my oppinion the fun could be improved if the movement speed was raised. The only complain I have with your game. Great work!

Last edited: Apr 19, 2016
  6. japtar10101

japtar10101

Well, got Jam game done done, despite organizing a real world meetings and answering Unity VR questions to a Hackathon happening in parallel. Anyway, here's Hidden in Plain Sight:

7. SiegfriedCroes

SiegfriedCroes

My game ended up as an absurd adventure game in Game Boy (Pokemon/Zelda) style! :p

"One night you can't sleep and decide to take some sleeping pills... What happens next was unexpected!"

There's a WebGL version on this page:
    http://ludumdare.com/compo/ludum-dare-35/?action=preview&uid=88589

I'll check out the games the games in this topic when I come home from work this evening ;)

8. nullstar

nullstar

This was my first Ludum Dare. Entered the compo but I could only start on Sunday morning so I didn't have much time. I made a monkey ball like dodge-em-up game played on a shape shifting world:

9. Farelle

Farelle

second time I participated, scoped way too high, mostly because my perfectionism was not letting me do easy polygon characters as a blender newbie XD so I ended up submitting in the very last minutes with very rushed level design (if it can be called like that) and almost no content. Nontheless I'm happy I made it and I want to continue working on it :)
    http://ludumdare.com/compo/ludum-dare-35/?action=preview&uid=63831

current not released version looks like this:

10. GarBenjamin

GarBenjamin

Congrats to all those who participated. I'll check out the entries after work.

On a related note I've pretty much accepted I probably won't ever do any LD type thing. I'm impressed that folks can actually (in some cases) work all Friday night most of Saturday and again all day on Sunday. I think maybe if it was middle of winter and a blizzard had hit (yet power miraculously stayed on) I might do it. Otherwise, my weekend dev time this time of year is maybe 3 to 4 hours total. Often in 20 to 45 minute sessions. By the time I am done working on computer all day for my job M-F I am kind of computer fried and want to get outside. Seriously not sure how people can bring themselves to do it. But you all obviously did so congrats! :)

Kiwasi and Farelle like this.
  11. Kiwasi

Kiwasi

I'm in the same boat. I find the concentrated that goes into this stuff amazing. The only time I've managed to pull it off was in an on site jam, when you have a team of people and you are essentially locked in for the weekend.

GarBenjamin likes this.
  12. Farelle

Farelle

i noticed i have problems working outside of it. maybe it's the "frame" it's giving me, the fact it has a deadline and I can't just let my perfectionism free reign XD or it's the community being there that makes me feel better or it could be the weekend im getting off my mom duties for this occasion :)
    I'm somehow trying to get that "doing" principle into rest of my life XD

GarBenjamin and Kiwasi like this.
  13. SiegfriedCroes

SiegfriedCroes

For me it was the first time so I really didn't know if I'd be able to keep on working or if I'd just give up. Turns out having a very strict deadline really works for me! I usually take ages to make graphics and for my game I made them all in one day! I wish I could work that fast on my hobby projects ^^' Setting a deadline for myself doesn't really work...

GarBenjamin likes this.
  14. tedthebug

tedthebug

Ok, new deadline. We want to see your next game posted in the next Friday feedback (I think it starts this weekend & runs for 2 weeks).

Kiwasi, Farelle and GarBenjamin like this.
  15. SiegfriedCroes

SiegfriedCroes

I have a few simple game ideas I'd like to try and make :) What's this Friday feedback you're talking about?

16. tedthebug

tedthebug

It's the top sticky in the game design forum. It is open for 2 weeks every month for people to post links to their games/prototypes for others to play & provide feedback

17. tedthebug

tedthebug

18. Andy-Touch

Andy-Touch

A Moon Shaped Bool Unity Technologies

I love Ludum Dare! But unfortunately I missed out this time round due to having other things planned. :( Theme looked fun, too!

This looks ace! How did you do the pass-through see-through effect?

tedthebug likes this.
  19. japtar10101

japtar10101

So I'm very late in responding to this, but I made a live stream about it. In short, it's a simple combination of multiple cameras, layers, render textures, and UI Masks.
    https://www.twitch.tv/japtar10101/v/63371555