Search Unity

Games Lucy Lamplight

Discussion in 'Projects In Progress' started by Polywonk, Sep 15, 2022.

1. Polywonk

Polywonk

The Plan:
    An old school jump 'n run ala "Donkey Kong Country" with a huge cast of characters and a complex Level Editor.

The Story:
    It's about a forgotten and unfinished fairy tale and the ever-growing chaos that arose from its incomplete state. The once young and beloved Protagonist is now just a shadow of herself and nobody seems to remember her good deeds from the past. In these trying times, where distrust reigns and the birds are silent, a mysterious light guides the way to hope.

beispiel.png

What happened so far:
    We are a two-man-team and working on this Hobby project since 2017.
    The idea for Lucy and her magic lamp came from a short film (it's German) I made in 2016.
    So far, we have a working Level Editor with many features and the possibility to playtest it.
    I also worked on a 3D stealth/puzzle gameplay, but it's on halt for now.
    If you're curious, you can find all previous updates here on my website.

The newest Update includes:
    • stackability for pushable blocks
    • solid blocks can move and crush entities
    • 2 new tile sets: Ice & Earth
    • placeable Trigger zones
    • scriptable Camera
    • particle spawner
    • new animations for Player character
    • more projectiles for shooting NPCs
    • water (kind of ...)

We think the project is now big enough to show it to a broader audience for critic and feedback.

Attached Files:

eGregiousGames likes this.
  2. Polywonk

Polywonk

3. Valkyrsch

Valkyrsch

Hi Polywonk.

The game looks wonderful and is mesmerizing to see a Donkey Kong Country like game with such quality with only 2 people in the studio!

Are you recruiting? I'm a music composer/pianist semi pro changing professionnal orientations to computers and coding.

I worked as game designer for my own horror game now left behind. I would love to make the music of the game.

If you want to hear my work, i'll send you all what I have in hand as compositions in PM.

Cheers

Polywonk likes this.
  4. eGregiousGames

eGregiousGames

That's looking really impressive so far!

Polywonk likes this.
  5. Polywonk

Polywonk

Thank you for the kind words. We appreciate that.
    @Valkyrsch: I would love to hear what you have in store. Because music is just as important as graphics, but unfortunately something we can't do yet.

6. impheris

impheris

i like it, looks very inspired by those old games, looks very pro and fun, i want to play it

Polywonk likes this.
  7. KOFFINS

KOFFINS

8. vintage-retro-indie_78

vintage-retro-indie_78

for not sure reasons, the opening animation reminds me of Tex Murphy : Under a Killing Moon, you might want to try and look at that video - game, not sure it's a good reference // it's a very classic title, could look nice with something like those characters, also perhaps Alone in the Dark 2, and perhaps also Bayonetta 1 // 2 . . .

whatever this is, it's more a build-the-game, than a game itself, it looks amazing, think it'd look amazing on SteamDeck, and for sure Windows, LINUX, not sure also Mac . . . .

amazing stuff, it's already 10 score, going to be watching this, etc etc . . . .