Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Loxodon Framework Bundle(AssetBundle)

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by LoxodonStudio, Aug 9, 2018.

1. LoxodonStudio

LoxodonStudio

AssetBundle Manager for Unity3D

Loxodon Framework Bundle is an AssetBundle manager.It provides a functionality that can automatically manage/load an AssetBundle,with its dependencies,from local or remote location.Asset Dependency Management including BundleManifest that keep track of every AssetBundle and all of their dependencies. An AssetBundle Simulation Mode, which allows for iterative testing of AssetBundles in a the Unity editor without ever building an AssetBundle.

For tutorials,examples and support,please see the project.

Check it out here.
    https://assetstore.unity.com/packages/slug/87419

Tested in Unity 3D on the following platforms:
    PC/Mac/Linux
    Android
    IOS
    UWP(Windows 10)
    WebGL

Key features:
    - Build AssetBundle;
    - Encrypts/decrypts the file data of the AssetBundle;
    - Support AssetBundle simulation mode;

For More Information Contact Us at: yangpc.china@gmail.com

2. unity_futuregen

unity_futuregen

Where do I specify which folder to build?

3. LoxodonStudio

LoxodonStudio

Hi,you can only build the entire project,the unity3d does not support building a single folder.

4. Hiroszan

Hiroszan

Many warnings occur immediately after import. It is a commercial package, so please arrange these things.

Code (CSharp):
    1. [Warning] [Compiler] [None] [CS0618] `UnityEngine.WWW.size' is obsolete:
    2. `WWW.size is obsolete. Please use WWW.bytesDownloaded instead'
    3. [Warning] [Compiler] [None] [CS0414] The private field `Loxodon.Framework.Asynchronous.AsyncResult.log' is assigned but its value is never used
    4. [Warning] [Compiler] [None] [CS0414] The private field `Loxodon.Framework.Asynchronous.AsyncResult<TResult>.log' is assigned but its value is never used
    5. [Warning] [Compiler] [None] [CS0414] The private field `Loxodon.Framework.Asynchronous.ProgressResult<TProgress,TResult>.log' is assigned but its value is never used
    6. [Warning] [Compiler] [None] [CS0414] The private field `Loxodon.Framework.Asynchronous.Synchronizable.log' is assigned but its value is never used
    7. [Warning] [Compiler] [None] [CS0414] The private field `Loxodon.Framework.Asynchronous.Synchronizable<TResult>.log' is assigned but its value is never used
    8. [Warning] [Compiler] [None] [CS0414] The private field `Loxodon.Framework.Bundles.BundleManifestLoader.log' is assigned but its value is never used
    9. [Warning] [Compiler] [None] [CS0414] The private field `Loxodon.Framework.TypeExtensions.log' is assigned but its value is never used
    10. [Warning] [Compiler] [None] [CS0219] The variable `totalDataSize' is assigned but its value is never used
    11. [Warning] [Compiler] [None] [CS0219] The variable `headerSize' is assigned but its value is never used
    12. [Warning] [Compiler] [None] [CS0219] The variable `fileSize' is assigned but its value is never used
    13. [Warning] [Compiler] [None] [CS1717] Assignment made to same variable; did you mean to assign something else?
    14. [Warning] [Compiler] [None] [CS0414] The private field `Loxodon.Framework.Bundles.Archives.AssetBundleArchive._lock' is assigned but its value is never used
    15. [Warning] [Compiler] [None] [CS0649] Field `Loxodon.Framework.Bundles.Editors.RedundancyAnalysisPanel.BUNDLE_ROOT_KEY' is never assigned to, and will always have its default value `null'
    16. [Warning] [None] [None] A polygon of TankTurret is self-intersecting and has been discarded.
    17. [Warning] [None] [None] A polygon of TankTurret is self-intersecting and has been discarded.
    18. [Warning] [None] [None] Lighting data asset ‘LightingData’ is incompatible with the current Unity version. Please use Generate Lighting to rebuild the lighting data.  Realtime Global Illumination cannot be used until the lighting data is rebuilt.
    19. [Warning] [None] [None] Lighting data asset ‘LightingData’ is incompatible with the current Unity version. Please use Generate Lighting to rebuild the lighting data.  Realtime Global Illumination cannot be used until the lighting data is rebuilt.

5. icatt23

icatt23

@Hiroszan - Were you able to fix those Warnings? If so, would you recommend? Thanks.

6. LoxodonStudio

LoxodonStudio

Hi, thank you for the report, I will fix it in the next version.

7. radiantboy

radiantboy

Hi, I have a HUGE project that I would like to switch to asset bundles, I am wondering if this tool can handle that easily and automatically ? Or do I have to drag and drop each resource to the bundles etc? I need something which will detect all the assets for me, rather than manual dragging etc. Thanks.

8. LoxodonStudio

LoxodonStudio

Hi,this plugin automatically manages AssetBundle's dependencies and loads assets.It can also analyze redundant assets in Assetbundles,but he can't help you mark the name of the AssetBundle, you can look at "AssetBundles-Browser", maybe it can solve your problem. (https://github.com/Unity-Technologies/AssetBundles-Browser)

9. iteco

iteco

How can I check the Asset Bundle file for damage? Get the CRC or hash of a real file that is in the cache. And then compare it with the value from the manifest file, if it does not match, download again.

UPD Solved.
    Since I did not find how Unity calculates the CRC, I used CRC32 from "Ionic" instead of BuildPipeline.GetCRCForAssetBundle (file.FullName, out crc) in the BundleBuilder.CreateBundleInfo method.

Verify in the DoAnalyzeDownloadList method:

Code (CSharp):
    1. if (BundleUtil.Exists(info) && EqualCRC(info))
    2.   continue;
    P.S. Checking the CRC that is implemented in the unity does not work correctly. After changing 1 byte at the end of the file — GetAssetBundle considers the file to be correct and tries to load it from the cache, despite the fact that the CRC has changed.

Last edited: Aug 25, 2019
  10. LoxodonStudio

LoxodonStudio

There is a crc check when loading assetbundles in unity3d, but this feature has bugs.At some point, the hash code has not changed, but the crc has changed, which will cause the loading of this assetbundle to fail,so when loading the assetbundle, the crc check is discarded.In our game, there are millions of users, it works very well.

If you need to verify the crc code when downloading resources, this feature requires you to implement it yourself, you can not use the unit3d's crc code.

11. LoxodonStudio

LoxodonStudio

If you need to implement the function of crc check when downloading files.You can inherit the interface "IBundleModifier", create a class, for example: CRCBundleModifier, calculate the crc code of bundleData.Data, append it to the end of the bundleData.Data array or save it in bundleData.BundleInfo,then add CRCBundleModifier to the modifier chain, see the function below.

upload_2019-8-26_11-40-27.png

iteco likes this.
  12. iteco

iteco

I can't downloading asset bundles from a remote server on WebGl platform? Only work with "StreamingAssets" folder without runtime download?

13. LoxodonStudio

LoxodonStudio

Whether you are a local folder or a remote server address, you can download them, please take a look at the source code

14. iteco

iteco

I apologize for asking stupid questions. If there was good documentation or working example, I would not do it.

Downloading bundles - OK, they are downloading. But when I try to read them from IndexedDB by Method manifestLoader.LoadAsync(BundleUtil.GetStorableDirectory() + BundleSetting.ManifestFilename)
    (file: ///idbfs/50e63f77e4128fe79bbe365389786f57/bundles/manifest.dat), I get a response from the Chrome browser:Access to XMLHttpRequest at 'file:///idbfs/50e63f77e4128fe79bbe365389786f57/bundles/manifest.dat' from origin 'http://myhost' has been blocked by CORS policy

Or error "Not allowed to load local resource" in another browser

15. LoxodonStudio

LoxodonStudio

Is your game address and resource address not the same domain name? Please use Google to search for "CORS policy", you can find a solution.

On the webgl platform, you should put resources in the streamingAssets folder, which is an Internet address and does not have cross-domain access restrictions.

16. g-ulucay

g-ulucay

Hi, When i run tools/Build Asset, manifest.dat file everytime include below prefabs list but my prefabs couldn' list csv file or manifest.data how can i get my prefabs from url. I don't understand how to do it? Please help me? CSV File everytime shows below list. "encrypted/tanks/models","02e5ea750d34ededc02d1f3f4c94cbe4","1491465222","231796","","True","encrypted/tanks1/models","ADDED" "encrypted/tanks/prefabs","ac97bc12a12d34142ab93ea722ef6f3c","3719050950","2669","","True","encrypted/tanks1/prefabs","ADDED" "models/green","431eee90dfb90c2b29831c13a18f2ed0","3376928885","27352","","True","models/green","ADDED"

17. LoxodonStudio

LoxodonStudio

Before building, you should set the AssetBundle name for your prefabs or folders.
    Please see the chapter on Assetbundle in the official documentation for Unity3d.

upload_2019-11-19_19-58-20.png

18. dnomn8r

dnomn8r

Just wanted to let you guys know of a fairly serious issue.

If you are in, let's say a pause menu, where Time.timeScale = 0, the asset loader breaks pretty thoroughly.

This is because PriorityTaskExecutor.cs uses the following:

Code (CSharp):
    3. using UnityEngine;
    4. using System.Collections;
    5. using System.Collections.Generic;
    7. using Loxodon.Framework.Execution;
    9. namespace Loxodon.Framework.Bundles
    10. {
    11.     public class PriorityTaskExecutor : ITaskExecutor
    12.     {
    13.         private const int DEFAULT_MAX_TASK_COUNT = 6;
    14.         private readonly static WaitForSeconds waitForSeconds = new WaitForSeconds(0.1f);
    15.         private readonly static ComparerImpl<ITask> comparer = new ComparerImpl<ITask>();
    But it really should be:

Code (CSharp):
    1.     private readonly static WaitForSecondsRealtime waitForSeconds = new WaitForSecondsRealtime(0.1f);

If you don't, it will hang forever in the coroutine.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2020
  19. LoxodonStudio

LoxodonStudio

Thank you very much, I will fix it in the next version.

20. Timmy-Hsu

Timmy-Hsu

Hi,

I got error after update to version 1.9.6.

Assets\LoxodonFramework\Scripts\Framework\Bundles\Simulation\SimulationResources.cs(37,40): error CS0103: The name 'EditorSceneManager' does not exist in the current context

Snipaste_2020-07-22_17-44-58.png

21. LoxodonStudio

LoxodonStudio

Thank you!

At the head of the file, "using UnityEditor.SceneManagement;" is missing

I will fix it in the next version.

22. Timmy-Hsu

Timmy-Hsu

Hi,

Once in a while when download patch asset bundles, the download speed is 0KB/S.
    How to deal with this matter?
    I try call downloadResult.Cancel(),
    1st, this.cancelable will be false, so Cancel() will not affect.
    2nd, I change this.cancelable to true in bugging ,but will get another error.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2020
  23. LoxodonStudio

LoxodonStudio

According to this log file, it is because the file is locked by another process.
    The download does not show the progress, it is probably due to the network, the progress is provided by UnityWebRequest.

When the download progress is 0, please check if there is any exception.

IProgressResult<Progress, bool> result = downloader.DownloadBundles();
    Debug.LogErrorFormat("{0}",result.Exception)

24. Timmy-Hsu

Timmy-Hsu

Hi,

The issue is when the download Progress up to 99.9%, and the download speed from xxxKB/S Drop to 0KB/S.
    Some times wait about 5~10s, it will resume the download.
    Some times endless download speed is 0KB/S.
    The DoDownloadBundles state is still in downloadResult.Callbackable().OnProgressCallback.
    So I try downloadResult.Cancel() to change state to restart download.

The downloadResult.Exception seems is null.

25. LoxodonStudio

LoxodonStudio

You can print the log in the code below to see the progress.
    The Cancel function is not implemented, you should see a NotSupportedException.

upload_2020-7-23_15-5-29.png

26. Timmy-Hsu

Timmy-Hsu

Hi,

Some times I build asset bundle for Android, but put the files to wrong folder for iOS.
    Will get error about:
    The file can not be loaded because it was created for another build target that is not compatible with this platform.
    Does possible check the asset bundle's build platform is wrong, and then clear the asset bundle files from StorableDirectory?
    Then I can let the game restart and ReDownload patch again.

27. LoxodonStudio

LoxodonStudio

1、Upgrade the resource version number of the game
    2、download the new version of the resource
    3、call BundleUtil.EvictExpiredInStorableDirectory() function to clear the old version of the resource

Timmy-Hsu likes this.
  28. Timmy-Hsu

Timmy-Hsu

Hi,

After upgrade to version 1.9.9.
    I encounter an issue.
    When an Atlas enable include in Build and also set as a AssetBundle.
    A sprite is in the Atlas.
    A sprite in direct drag to Image on UI, then build APK test on device.
    A sprite will only show purple color textue.
    Don't known why...
    I create a new project, but can't reproduce.
    So I rollback to 1.9.8.

Will Loxodon Framework Bundle support Google Play Asset Delivery ?
    Or Could you give me some suggestions to support it?

29. LoxodonStudio

LoxodonStudio

1. You try to rebuild all AssetBundles, does it solve the problem? I think upgrading the version to 1.9.9, it should not cause such an error.

2. Google Play Asset Delivery is a unique feature of Google, it only supports OBB files.

You can put all or part of AssetBundles in the StreamingAssets folder, and then check the "Split Application Binary" option.

upload_2021-3-3_18-22-22.png

Add macros “IONIC_ZIP” to the project,make sure FileUtil.IonicZip.cs is valid, it can help you read resources from the OBB file.

upload_2021-3-3_18-39-17.png

Timmy-Hsu likes this.
  30. Timmy-Hsu

Timmy-Hsu

1. I try upgrading the version to 1.9.9,and rebuild all AssetBundles again.
    I encounter same issue.
    The issue I description is not correct.
    The issue is A sprite total not displayed on device.

31. LoxodonStudio

LoxodonStudio

Could you give me a demo that can reproduce this issue and send it to my email yangpc.china@gmail.com.

32. Timmy-Hsu

Timmy-Hsu

1.I create a new project, but can't reproduce now..
    If I reproduce the issue, I will send the demo to your email.

2.https://developer.android.com/guide/app-bundle
    From August 2021, new apps will be required to publish with the Android App Bundle on Google Play.

Android App Bundle can't use with OBB files.
    Android App Bundle only can use Google Play Asset Delivery.....

33. LoxodonStudio

LoxodonStudio

This plugin only helps you load AssetBundle and manage dependencies, it doesn’t care about where you download AssetBundle from.

34. LoxodonStudio

LoxodonStudio

Here is how to do it:
    https://developer.android.com/guide/app-bundle/asset-delivery/build-unity

35. Timmy-Hsu

Timmy-Hsu

Hi,
    I create new project to try reproduce the issue.
    I send the project to you.
    Not sure whether or not the issue is unity bug.

Demo is use version 1.9.8, seems also has the issue.
    Maybe the issue is unity bug.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2021
  36. ryanflees

ryanflees

Hello, I'm trying to use Loxodon with webgl.
    It's a testing webgl project in unity 2019.4.18
    I build the AssetBundles and run the scene, it works in editor. But after build and test in browser there are errors like below.
    Any idea how to make it work?

QQ截图20211209164745.png QQ截图20211209164717.png

37. LoxodonStudio

LoxodonStudio

Please use the following example, it can work on the webgl platform

upload_2021-12-9_17-19-2.png

38. ryanflees

ryanflees

My test is already in that example scene.

39. ryanflees

ryanflees

QQ截图20211209174909.png
    The earlier screenshots are based on the build of this default scene already

40. LoxodonStudio

LoxodonStudio

41. ryanflees

ryanflees

No any modification.
    I just PM you the link of the project, you can take a look if you're interested. I tested in unity 2020 the result is the same.

42. LoxodonStudio

LoxodonStudio

Unity 2020.3.7f1
    Loxodon.Framework.Bundle 2.0.3

upload_2021-12-9_18-10-12.png

upload_2021-12-9_18-7-37.png

43. ryanflees

ryanflees

44. ryanflees

ryanflees

Ok, I just established the build on the local nginx service. and it works right now.
    It doesn't work via direct run with browser, I'm new to webgl and wasn't aware of that. Thanks for the help.

QQ截图20211209192405.png

45. Pingquin

Pingquin

Hi, As for the WebGL build, I used DownloadExample scene with some modification to make it works with WebGL. After hit "Download AssetBundle", there's an error for all files that got downloaded. However, everything work just fine! all files are downloaded and asset can be loaded into the scene.
    What cause this and how to fix it?

FileNotFoundException: /idbfs/f0cf2038657a60f9208e9d7b3cb31f69/bundles/encrypted/tanks/models.tmp does not exist
    at System.IO.File.Move (System.String sourceFileName, System.String destFileName) [0x00000] in <00000000000000000000000000000000>:0

Attached Files:

• tmp.png
      tmp.png
      File size:
      66.8 KB
      Views:
  46. LoxodonStudio

LoxodonStudio

Please use the hash file name

47. Pingquin

Pingquin

I tried changing to hash file name and it still be the same error, the difference is the file name changed to hash.
    I also tried with 2 difference bundle build settings both gave the same error.
    my Unity version is 2020.3.26f1

FileNotFoundException: /idbfs/f0cf2038657a60f9208e9d7b3cb31f69/bundles/77e5d72467409a4ab9f979dfa38a612a.tmp does not exist
    at System.IO.File.Move (System.String sourceFileName, System.String destFileName) [0x00000] in <00000000000000000000000000000000>:0

Attached Files:

• ab.png
      ab.png
      File size:
      53.7 KB
      Views:
    • set1.png
      set1.png
      File size:
      27 KB
      Views:
    • set2.png
      set2.png
      File size:
      33 KB
      Views:
    Last edited: Feb 7, 2022
  48. skymeson

skymeson

This is probably a pretty basic question, but I can only get the LoadSceneExample working if I copy the asset bundles to StramingAssets folder. Where do I change the settings to download from a server?

49. LoxodonStudio

LoxodonStudio

There are examples in the project.

upload_2023-1-16_13-27-33.png
    upload_2023-1-16_13-26-8.png

50. Timmy-Hsu

Timmy-Hsu

Hi,

I find an issue.
    If the file is not at the target URL when downloading, there will not show any warning or error, it will show success without going to the exception.

Snipaste_2023-05-30_16-29-27.jpg

The file will remain in a temp file.
    Snipaste_2023-05-30_16-30-00.jpg

Code (CSharp):
    1. IProgressResult<Progress, bool> downloadResult = this.m_Downloader.DownloadBundles(bundles);
    2.         downloadResult.Callbackable().OnProgressCallback(p =>
    3.         {
    4.                 UnityEngine.Debug.LogFormat("Downloading {0:F2}KB/{1:F2}KB {2:F3}KB/S", p.GetCompletedSize(UNIT.KB), p.GetTotalSize(UNIT.KB), p.GetSpeed(UNIT.KB));
    5.         });
    6.         downloadResult.Callbackable().OnCallback(p =>
    7.         {
    8.             try
    9.             {
    10.                 if (p.Exception != null)
    11.                     throw p.Exception;
    13.                 UnityEngine.Debug.LogFormat("Downloading {0:F2}KB/{1:F2}KB {2:F3}KB/S", p.Progress.GetCompletedSize(UNIT.KB), p.Progress.GetTotalSize(UNIT.KB), p.Progress.GetSpeed(UNIT.KB));
    15.                 if (p.Result)
    16.                 {
    17.                     if (p.IsDone)
    18.                     {
    19.                         m_IsDownloadComplete = true;
    20.                         UnityEngine.Debug.Log("Downloads AssetBundle Complete!");
    21.                     }
    22.                 }
    23.             }
    24.             catch (Exception e)
    25.             {
    26.                 Debug.LogErrorFormat("Load failure.Error:{0}", e);
    27.             }
    28.         });