Search Unity

LowPolyRocks Texture Pack

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by phex, Feb 16, 2011.

1. phex

phex

LowPolyRocks Texture Pack

18 Lowpoly Rocks, only 200 - 500 Tris per model.
    16 Rock Textures, 512x512 with Diffuse, Normal and Specular map.
    + 3 Ground Textures as a bonus !

Rotate them, scale them and stick them together vor endless variation.

Ideal for mobile or toonstyle games

NOW only $5 on Turbosquid

Click here to view and purchase

Last edited: Apr 1, 2011
  2. phex

phex

and up

3. phex

phex

Bump

4. ippdev

ippdev

10/37 is about 27 cents each. Yet you say mine are expensive. My pack comes out to 24 cents an item(if you don't count all the AO, Specular,Normal and Parallax Maps included separately and then it comes down to about 10 cents an item).

Rocks can be created in far less polys if you do a little ZBrush work on them.

HTH
    BTH

"Don't throw stones in glass houses"

5. Frank Oz

Frank Oz

That made you look really childish after your "I wouldn't lower myself to bitch in someone elses thread" rant you just made in yours. Just an FYI.

6. ippdev

ippdev

Hi Franky. I believe I told him snideness may bring such on himself. I also had a caveat as to when I would not do such. You trolling me Franky? Why twist my premise? Wondering why the venom was spewed I checked his posting history, found the rock thread, did a little calculation and thought..my ghawd..what a hypocrite. So here I am..being snide. Lessons learned perhaps about throwing stones, by the young man. I don't attack first but when obviously trolled and tried to be made to look bad..and then finding sheer hypocrisy from the poster ...well..call it an old habit from UseNet days. Lets just say..many folks have become politer to whatever boards as a whole after a round or two of a few facts and psychological dissection.

Yer Pal
    Bluster

7. Schlumpfsack

Schlumpfsack

You can't calculate or compare your pack with his pack, Bluster. generated textures with FF isn't really work. I looked at the primitives you offered and, well,..... yes, they are primitives and while i don't see the usefullness in them, some other will. price is an unknown and no one knows who is or is not going to buy something. So stop bashing prices and stop calculating content that can't be compared at all.

now go have a look at my asset and calculate them...you will see my "price per piece" is more expensive than yours, and i think it fits, because everything was handmade and not done with some "creator program".

/rant end

Last edited: Apr 1, 2011
  8. phex

phex

Lowerd the price to 5 Dollar !!

9. Jaimi

Jaimi

This pack is head and shoulders above yours, Bluster.

10. ippdev

ippdev

Thank you all for your opinions. They are noted and taken into account. And Phex.. I might add. You are a S*** disturber for certain. I like you dropped your price. Won't change mine and i do not care about opinions of a certain kind. My success has never been linked to critics. I will put up scenes with my lousy assed horrible pack next week and you can all join in and lob potshots:) I can actually thank folks such as yourself or driving my career path over the last few decades. I like proving critics wrong.

And this ridiculous semi-prohibition against using software to generate maps, which is the same software Electronic Arts, the UDK demos and others use is primarily, at its core, as I stated, ridiculous. As for comparing prices. Well, Phex jumped on my thread, said some nasty things, accused me of using pirated software and my pack was too expensive. I was taken aback but since the boards have had alot of abuse lately i figured it was par for the course. Upon checking his posting history the hypocrisy of the attack became apparent. I commented pointing put the "too bloody expensive" hypocrisy and that 600 polys is alot for a rock, which it is.The result is he dropped his pack to five bucks. I kept mine where it is as these comments are all about nothing really. If he had of kept his fat assed trolling to himself he would still be selling his packs at 10 bucks. Right now he ends up with 3.50 a pack after Unitys cut. My opinion is he should have left it where it is. It was fine at ten bucks.

I am also wondering where you folks actually had a look at the meshes in the pack. Heh. You haven't had anywhere to see them so the "comments" are suspect to say the least. Don't even try the "they are on the RAPPack page" as they are like 3x5 pixels if that each in the promo shots.

Back to work on the Maxon article screenshots:) FTW

Rock On!
    Bluster