Search Unity

1. Improved Prefab workflow (includes Nested Prefabs!), 2D isometric Tilemap and more! Get the 2018.3 Beta now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. The Unity Pro & Visual Studio Professional Bundle gives you the tools you need to develop faster & collaborate more efficiently. Learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Let us know a bit about your interests, and if you'd like to become more directly involved. Take our survey!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Improve your Unity skills with a certified instructor in a private, interactive classroom. Watch the overview now.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Want to see the most recent patch releases? Take a peek at the patch release page.
    Dismiss Notice

Lower framerate of animations to save cpu cycles?

Discussion in 'Animation' started by nicmarxp, Aug 9, 2018.

1. nicmarxp

nicmarxp

i’ve seem in Dead Rising (xbox) with scenes with many zombies that the ones in the back animate with a lower framerate. How is that done in Unity?

I want my game to run in 60 fps to ensure smooth panning/zooming in mobile but the characters are pretty small and probably would look just as fine in a lower frame rate.

Ideally I could change this per character, so when zoomed out when many are shown, i have a low frame rate with low LOD and zoomed in it’s fewer characters with higher frame rate.

Let me know what you think!

2. nicmarxp

nicmarxp

Isn’t this interesting to anyone? With 100s of animated characters on screen the performance can really suffer, would be great to know how to do this..