Search Unity

Question Low quality rendering

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by Armyw0w, Feb 27, 2021.

1. Armyw0w

Armyw0w

Hello! I am trying to make a dataset generator using Digital Human from Unity. On every frame, I am changing the snappers' controllers position to achieve different emotions. Everything is fine until here: I created a Coroutine to be able to export an image for every frame, but somehow, the images are blurred like it doesn't have enough time to render.

Code (CSharp):
    1.     public IEnumerator Start(int numberOfImages)
    2.     {
    3.         for (int i = 0; i < numberOfImages; i++)
    4.         {
    5.             this.emotionsController.Reset();
    6.             this.emotionsController.Randomize(0.8f, 0.95f);
    7.             this.snapshotCamera.SetActive(true);
    8.             yield return new WaitForSeconds(1f);
    9.         }
    10.     }
    A temporary solution was to wait one second for every frame, but I would like to change the settings (I don't know which one) to wait until everything was rendered at high quality.
    I only know that the engine tries to create good real interaction and because of it, it renders in low quality when it doesn't have enough time. I would like to make the application wait between every frame, it doesn't matter if it takes too long.

There is how it looks when I wait 1 second between every frame:

And when I yield null:

2. Kurt-Dekker

Kurt-Dekker

Do you have some kind of motion blur post processing going? Try and disable all post-processing to see if it changes the above blur.

3. AcidArrow

AcidArrow

Or TAA?

4. Armyw0w

Armyw0w

Hello Kurt!

I found these:

I deactivated the Montion blur (last image) and set Count 0 fow Low, Medium and High (2nd image). It's the same. Also, I don't have a big experience in Unity, so I may don't know exactly where to find all the settings. Digital Human uses HDRP and I have a lot of settings files, but again, that's all I found.

Thank you!

5. Kurt-Dekker

Kurt-Dekker

Assuming you're all backed up properly in source control, just delete the post processing stack entirely, see if it changes anything. If the issue is still present at least you've eliminated one thing.

6. Armyw0w

Armyw0w

Seems like that was the problem. Now the images seems ok. But the light is not updated, somehow?

There is a image:

And the next image:

As you can see, there is a difference at the mouth light. Do you guys have any idea why is happening this?

7. Kurt-Dekker

Kurt-Dekker

I don't have enough experience with the new PP stack to really say. You could try restoring it and then twiddling other parts besides motion blur, but I can't imagine what else would make blur. :) Maybe someone else can chime in.

8. AcidArrow

AcidArrow

You mean the tongue suddenly appearing (or getting lit differently?). Not sure what the cause of that is.