Search Unity

Assets Low Poly Wind Shader

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by Deleted member 1123102, Aug 12, 2017.

?

How much should this tool cost?

1. Under $5

43.2%
  2. $5

35.1%
  3. $7.50

5.4%
  4. $10

5.4%
  5. $15

10.8%
  1. Although low-poly art can be gorgeous, there is just something that is missing. Movement, fluidity. We need the landscape to feel alive although not intrusive. With that in mind, this package was created. It's a simple wind shader for low-poly trees. Take a look.
    FEATURE LIST
    • Control over vertex movement on all axes
    • Height Threshold
    • Trunk Color Recognition and Settings (Single Mesh)
    • Easy to swap shaders
    ROADMAP
    • Global Wind Direction - QA Stage [as of 04/2018]
    • Tree Bending - Development Stage [as of 04/2017]

Trailer

Feedback is appreciated

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 8, 2018
    RavenOfCode, Mauri and Metron like this.
  2. Javyer

Javyer

It looks really good!

How do you apply it to a tree? What are the requirements?

I feel like it will be somehow complicated to use the plugin, that has me confused.

3. All you need to do is go to your material, replace the shader that you are using with the Low Poly Wind shader and set the trunk colors using the eyedropper. Then, you can toy with the settings all you want.

Today, for demos, I had to do a 20 trunk color material and it took me around 5 minutes.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 29, 2017
  4. I just finished some demo videos with the support of LMHPoly who provided the assets. They look really nice. Stay tuned!

macdude2 likes this.

5. VIDEO FEATURE LIST [MORE TO COME]

Control over vertex movement on all axes

Height Threshold

Trunk Color Recognition and Settings (Single Mesh)

Easy to swap shaders

What do you think?

6. Submitted to the asset store!
    Official trailer:

7. First tests with Global Direction for multiple shader instances (You can input euler angles!)

8. A Quick update on the Global Direction System. Sorry for the voice, i'm sick as of right now.

This feature will be included in v2.0

9. celeronpm

celeronpm

Is it available yet? I wasn't able to find it in the asset store.

10. It was submitted on that day - it usually takes 3-4 weeks until it's gets accepted and put up for sale on the store.

I'll post a link here when it does.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 29, 2017
  11. Hey! I know it's been a while but a couple things have happened.

The package was refused; unity wanted some better docs and a demos scene.

There were massive forest fires in Portugal, and i haven't had internet in three/four weeks and i probably won't have for a long time. Sorry for the delays

So sorry for the delays, but you can check out the package here:
    https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/#!/content/97675

12. alexanderameye

alexanderameye

I like the GUI of the tool!

13. Thanks! I believe it was actually one of your tweets that pointed me to the Toolbar function :)

alexanderameye likes this.
  14. 20% Off Sale!
    The pack will be on sale until the 8th of December.

If you're interested, it's the time to buy! Only $6.00

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 9, 2018
  15. tomraegan

tomraegan

Hi!

I've tried using the tool in an Android build and this compile error pops up. There are twenty of them, each slightly different.

Shader error in 'Low Poly/Low Poly Wind': Program 'vert_surf', error X8000: D3D11 Internal Compiler Error: Invalid Bytecode: Incompatible min precision type for operand #1 of opcode #62 (counts are 1-based). Expected int or uint. (on gles3)

Compiling Vertex program with SHADOWS_DEPTH
    Platform defines: UNITY_NO_DXT5nm UNITY_NO_RGBM UNITY_ENABLE_REFLECTION_BUFFERS UNITY_FRAMEBUFFER_FETCH_AVAILABLE UNITY_NO_CUBEMAP_ARRAY UNITY_NO_SCREENSPACE_SHADOWS UNITY_PBS_USE_BRDF3 UNITY_NO_FULL_STANDARD_SHADER SHADER_API_MOBILE UNITY_HARDWARE_TIER1 UNITY_COLORSPACE_GAMMA

Any ideas?

16. That's weird; I've tested the asset on Android before and it worked just fine. I'll see if i can replicate the errors this weekend. Have you altered anything on the original shader?

17. tomraegan

tomraegan

Thanks.

No, I haven't altered it at all. I use it quite a lot, actually. It's a beauty.

I did some more testing and no compile errors occur when installing the asset. It's only when I build that the errors occur. It stops the build from succeeding.

18. I've tested building for android on 5.6.1 and no compile errors appear, it works fine. Could it be a version issue? Which one are you using? And if you could, try building using an empty project with only the asset to make sure that it isn't something else.

Cheers

19. ThoZ

ThoZ

Any news on version 2.0?

20. Pretty much complete, but since i haven't had internet since October i haven't gotten the chance to do some of the final research i need nor update any of my assets. Hopefully my ISP will restore service within a few weeks.

If you have any suggestions feel free to drop them and i'll see if i can implement them.

21. davidsebek85

davidsebek85

Hello, works on any lowpole? or lowpole trees only for your assets? i make owns

22. Works on any tree that is unwrapped and uses a texture atlas.
    If you dont unwrap and use an atlas, you need to use a separate mesh for the trunk and one for the leaves, but it won't look as good.

23. Working on removing script dependencies for 2.0.
    Here's the new editor:

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 8, 2018
  24. As promised, mesh bending is being developed and is on its way.
    Take a look at some previews; one of the versions is limited to a [0...1] range and the other to a [-1...1] range.

25. NFMynster

NFMynster

How's the random wind direction coming along? Only thing stopping me from buying it currently haha :)

26. Hey!
    I have added angle inputs so you can select in which direction your tree sways (it will remain constant after you set it) and a better displacement method that has slightly different paths based on world position, so that equal trees don't move exactly the same way.
    It's not in the Asset Store yet, however. Internet problems as I've stated before.

I have an appointment with my ISP for May 5th, hope they come through!

27. Knbmedia

Knbmedia

Hello
    I get the same error as @tomraegan on iOS - iPad 3 (opengl 2) and iPad Air 2 (opengl 3)
    Unity 2018.3.1f1

Program 'vert_surf', error X8000: D3D11 Internal Compiler Error: Invalid Bytecode: Incompatible min precision type for operand #1 of opcode #62 (counts are 1-based). Expected int or uint.
    Compiling Vertex program with UNITY_PASS_SHADOWCASTER SHADOWS_CUBE
    Platform defines: UNITY_NO_DXT5nm UNITY_NO_RGBM UNITY_ENABLE_REFLECTION_BUFFERS UNITY_FRAMEBUFFER_FETCH_AVAILABLE UNITY_ENABLE_NATIVE_SHADOW_LOOKUPS UNITY_NO_CUBEMAP_ARRAY UNITY_NO_SCREENSPACE_SHADOWS UNITY_PBS_USE_BRDF2 SHADER_API_MOBILE UNITY_HARDWARE_TIER3 UNITY_COLORSPACE_GAMMA UNITY_LIGHTMAP_DLDR_ENCODING

Regards

28. Assets works fine on my Android phone.
    I googled the error you're getting and there's very little mention of it online, the main one being a bug in the Microsoft HLSL compiler itself.

With this said, and since I don't have a device where I can reproduce these errors, try replacing all instances of "half" within the shader to "float" (that's what the bug report above suggests to bypass the problem).

If this doesn't work, please let me know and I can process a refund for you.