Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Low Poly Shooter Pack v4.0 - Everything You Need To Get Your Low Poly Shooter Project Started!

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by da_st, Feb 3, 2016.

?

Version 1.7 will include animated arms, should I keep the current example prefabs or remove them?

Poll closed Nov 19, 2016.
  1. Keep them (in a folder called "old prefabs")

15 vote(s)
    83.3%
  2. Remove them

2 vote(s)
    11.1%
  3. Whatever

1 vote(s)
    5.6%
  1. JacobFast

JacobFast

Also could you please explain how you made existing animation.

2. digiross

digiross

I'm now a proud owner of Low Poly FPS pack! :cool:

n3xxt and da_st like this.
  3. da_st

da_st

Oh though you were talking about the arm prefabs, yes in some of the demo scenes the player is stationary, that is a design choice I made because the level wasn't large enough to walk around in :oops: If you want to move around you could uncheck isKinematic, or simply drag and drop an arm prefab from the example prefabs folder.

Also like I mentioned before please read the "how to use" pdf file, it contains all the information you need to get started and to understand the asset! :)

4. IceLab_Game

IceLab_Game

I would like to buy this asset, I wanted to ask, but does it have touch controls to create a mobile game? or should I implement them myself? thanks

5. da_st

da_st

Hey, there are no mobile controls included with the asset unfortunately!

6. Extrapolated

Extrapolated

Hi David, do you have a roadmap somewhere? What we can expect in next releases and somewhat of a timeline for that?

7. da_st

da_st

Hey, there is currently no roadmap available, not sure if I have mentioned it before but I am studying full time at university, so it might be a bit stressful for me to keep deadlines for updates, for now I prefer to work on updates in my own pace ;)

Norriskogen likes this.
  8. Shock-Wav3

Shock-Wav3

Can any one provide the real name of all the weapons available in this pack (such as AK47 or M4A1),
    I'm not quite sure about some of the weapon's names.
    THANKS!

9. da_st

da_st

Here you go:
    • Assault_Rifle_01 - AK-47
    • Assault_Rifle_02 - M4A1
    • Assault_Rifle_03 - FN SCAR
    • Grenade_Launcher - ASG GL-06
    • Handgun_01 - Glock 17
    • Handgun_02 - Beretta M9
    • Handgun_03 - BUL M-5
    • Handgun_04 - HK P30
    • Rocket_Launcher_01 - RPG-7
    • Shotgun_01 - Benelli M3 Super-90
    • SMG_01 - Kriss Vector
    • SMG_02 - Agram 2000
    • SMG_03 - UZI
    • SMG_04 - FN P90
    • SMG_05 - HK MP5
    • Sniper_01 - M24 SWS
    • Sniper_02 - Barrett M82
    • Sniper_03 - Dragunov

noobynobody likes this.
  10. Extrapolated

Extrapolated

Understandable, I didn't know that.

11. TokyoWarfareProject

TokyoWarfareProject

Griffo likes this.
  12. MaorDany

MaorDany

What's the best way to replace a weapon player while playing?
    I would love if you made one player with all weapons and the option to change weapons.

13. JMyerscough

JMyerscough

Will there ever be the option to replace the arms with our own? As well as use our own weapons with the animations?

Also, will you be adding the rest of the weapon animations to the third person character?

Last edited: Nov 11, 2019
  14. TokyoWarfareProject

TokyoWarfareProject

I did a super raw test with your free sample

I've to leave will comment later

15. TokyoWarfareProject

TokyoWarfareProject

I've to say the fps controller seems quite good, proper diagonal speed and no much artifacts. Some physics splosions as seen on video when getting close to tanks (not sure if its because of collider penetrations), the falling feels totally dragged, I guess rb has a high drag value. But overall felt fine, I've not checked if movement is framerate independent, I would spect so.

Checking the full asset, I've to say it seems very complete, with many weapon types, the animations are very very good, super fluent.
    I miss some of the animation lost from other versions such as the one with the shield, that is super cool. Hope you can bring some stuff back to life, may be you could include in a zip older versions.

Checking your YT channel I see the TPS to feature animations that are not prerssent in the current package. Such crouch or lean, hope theese are added.

I understant atm theese are totally indpendent prefabs and there is no transition between TPS and FPS, right?

Are the TPS hand animations the FPS ones?, like applied with a masc? or that would be a bad idea, I'm thinking on MP or AI, may be to correlate actions on FPS to TPS.

In regards to FPS controller, that other asset related to yours, that extends it, really nails the needed features, may be you could buy the asset itself and integrate into your code as theese are pretty much, must features. Yet the price is low enough to get it is more on the convenience side of having it all integrated.

I can see myself getting the asset soon, not that I need it in the short therm tho.

Please keep the package "clean" in terms of not building a complete template, like template it as much to the point you can feature all your stuff but not too tight so we can unbind and integrate in our projects.

Edit: forgot about a thing, the shadow of the player in FPS is just the arms. Do you've any idea how games handle to make the FPS shadow be full body without the full body mesh interfere with camera?, like its a non visible body that cast shadows.

16. TokyoWarfareProject

TokyoWarfareProject

Continuing.

As for TPS may be anims are not that much necessary as it is easyer to get anims.

May be I would ask for some extra FPS animations, like vertical ladder climb, lader descend (slip), after big jump hands anim like left hand touch ground, take some tablet and push (like for ask for air support) or like on arm console push some button, heal action, like take some pils or put bandage, gun free hands anim, like for run, open door or kick door... stuff like that, that completes what is more unique of the asset which are tha nimations and where your skills really stand out.
    May be you could add theese without adding to the animation controller, and let people config the controller as they need.

May be a tutorial to swap gun models, for same model but different mesh. I know are rigged, yet I still believe that if its same weapon and is rigged in a similar fashion it should work.
    Also if weapon is similar I think with an IK retarget anims could be reused.

Keep up the good work!

edit: love toon explosions and muzzlefires

Last edited: Nov 13, 2019
  17. MaorDany

MaorDany

I did not understand how to lower power to the enemy during a grenade blast. How do I know the grenade hit. Can anyone help me with what code to write down and where?

18. TokyoWarfareProject

TokyoWarfareProject

I think you would benefit from going trough basic unity tutorials first.

Yest. what you coudl consider is doing an spherecast. And check what objects fall withing. for instance you detect an object and you navigate to its root like transform.root and in the root you check if any specific script is present like "enemy_id.cs" or whatever script you add only to enemies or kill-able things. If it has the script then you call whatever script you handle damage with.

https://docs.unity3d.com/ScriptReference/Physics.SphereCast.html

19. CrazyLabs

CrazyLabs

Hello. Is it possible to set custom weapon model? Im trying to integrate Polygon si-fi pack.

20. somosky

somosky

Hey I noticed that this asset used to have a more low poly look to it I think it was version 2. I'd like to use that version of the asset do you still have that available?

21. Kiragan-Games

Kiragan-Games

Hi David, im going to buy this asset, but im confused with one of the comments on the asset store, about adding new weapons. I would like to know if i could use weapons from Synty Studios packs, such as https://assetstore.unity.com/packages/3d/environments/urban/polygon-apocalypse-pack-154193

Im talking about weapons same as in your asset, like change riffles / pistols, not about machineguns, only similar type of weapons.

How difficult it would be?

22. p_hergott

p_hergott

Run a full 3d model. On a layer not seen by camera. But cast shadows. And vice versa for the arms

TokyoWarfareProject likes this.
  23. p_hergott

p_hergott

Go on sale

24. TokyoWarfareProject

TokyoWarfareProject

I thought object not seen by camera would not cast shadows but if that is the case then great

25. lolclol

lolclol

was wondering if any enemy AI integration is possible with this package ?

26. p_hergott

p_hergott

Its really just the animations, it has a basic controller. The weapons don't do any “damage” per say. But animations, with sound, and animator controllers are done, its really not hard from there to create whatever you need from there.
    So it technically works will all ai solutions?

27. DeathGOD_7

DeathGOD_7

whats the best way to add recoil to guns? change the Gun Holder X rotation?
    Help

28. unity_IdzUcphkqpIlBA

unity_IdzUcphkqpIlBA

I was just wondering if there was any way to remove the arms on the 3rd person model, and also are you still updating this?

29. Affax

Affax

This is a super great pack and the price is right, but I sadly don't have enough money for it.
    Super good work though!

30. BioBurden

BioBurden

Would love to see this become a full FPS system.

31. BioBurden

BioBurden

Actually, it might be cool if you offered integration with Unity's FPS micro-game, that way those new to Unity could really utilise your assets while learning how to make their FPS game.

32. BioBurden

BioBurden

Hi all, just wondering if there are any plans to include additional 3rd-person weapon animations other than what's there at the moment?

Thanks in advance.

33. johny256

johny256

Next Update?

34. BioBurden

BioBurden

The decals for the rocket launcher explosion are positioned wrong (can be seen at 1:10 in the promo video).

35. AndLucLive

AndLucLive

Hey man. So I was trying your pack and notice a thing.
    The Sniper Mesh (until now) has its knife as part of the main Mesh.
    So, could you, please, release a "hotfix" that separates the knife mesh in any weapon that could have this problem?
    Thanks a lot in advance!

36. baroseiro

baroseiro

Hi David,

Would it be possible to add the "crouch" animations to the thirdperson animation controller?
    Thanks
    J

37. johny256

johny256

Project and Publisher dead?

Griffo likes this.
  38. ansjuan

ansjuan

Hello!

I am having an issue with the 3rd person animations, when I use a joytick, if the joytick is "in between" the animations, the character maskes very werid moves, like a frog as you can see in the image, any way to solve this?

Attached Files:

39. johny256

johny256

Please next update?
    -Add Full Customizable Weapon
    and More Materials!
    -Add Customizable character model!
    -Add More Arms Model
    -Add Mele animated weapons
    -Add Clasic skins hand survivie skins
    -Add more Animated weapon
    -Add Clasic animation hands Grenade or knife!
    Old Version Download?
    -Add Bow animated hands
    -Add Axe animated hands
    -Add Clasic survive hands skins thanks
    -Add Healing animated hands
    -Fishing animation hands
    -Building animation hands
    -car drive animation hands
    -Swiming animation hands

Last edited: Jun 27, 2020
  40. tr1stan

tr1stan

AGS_Five and ryanflees like this.
  41. iichiversii

iichiversii

Is there any support for bullpup weapons?

42. johny256

johny256

Download old version???????????

43. hublard

hublard

Are there no animation for crouch walk? This kit looks so complete but i dont find crouch. This is a very basic thing for every shooter. And its there for every weapon a fps and tps animation?

44. PixelPad

PixelPad

Hey David! Amazing work you've done with the asset. I've been trying out the free sample. I see that in the full version you add a 3rd person character, can that character be changed for one of mine inside the game? Thanks a lot for the hard work you're doing!

45. Duxx

Duxx

There is a error with mobile devices. For both Android and iOS, the scope rendering on snipers is not displayed correctly.

upload_2020-11-12_18-23-43.png

46. johny256

johny256

OLD VERSION DOVNLOAD???

47. Norriskogen

Norriskogen

why you want old version

48. johny256

johny256

Old version(Bow arms. Axe. and tec mele weapon included)

49. p_hergott

p_hergott

? it never had Bows and stuff...

50. johny256

johny256

version 3.2 no included weapon animation- Bow,Axe and etc Mele weapon.
    Low Poly Fps pack 2.0 included mele arms animation- Bow.Axe and etc..