Search Unity

Low Poly Shooter Pack v4.0 - Everything You Need To Get Your Low Poly Shooter Project Started!

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by da_st, Feb 3, 2016.

?

Version 1.7 will include animated arms, should I keep the current example prefabs or remove them?

Poll closed Nov 19, 2016.
  1. Keep them (in a folder called "old prefabs")

15 vote(s)
    83.3%
  2. Remove them

2 vote(s)
    11.1%
  3. Whatever

1 vote(s)
    5.6%
  1. johny256

johny256

Next update? :)

2. da_st

da_st

Hello Johny, we have not started working on the Unity update yet, I will make sure to update this thread as soon as we do :)

3. WildcardMoo

WildcardMoo

Can you give any rough estimate about the Unity version? A couple months? Half a year? A year or more?

I know you can't promise anything, but can you give a ballpark figure? I'm currently in the process of building a game where the fps part is based on lpfps pack, and it would be awesome if I knew whether I should start customising the current version or wait until the new one (I assume it's pretty much a complete overhaul)

4. BioBurden

BioBurden

What features are you expecting? I'd go with what's there already tbh, afterall, you buy an asset for the features it currently has, not what it may have sometime in the future.

5. WildcardMoo

WildcardMoo

I'm perfectly happy with what's there, David owes me nothing and has absolutely no obligation to deliver any more on top of that. But since he's going to anyway, it would be less than optimal for me to spend days or weeks to customise and optimise/fix the current version if the new one arrives before I have to deliver anything.

I don't know what to expect from the newer version except better visuals, animations and effects, as well as emotes.

6. da_st

da_st

Hey, I would probably recommend that you don't wait for the new version in order to start working on your projects. I know that this is perhaps not the answer you wanted to hear, but I simply cannot give any estimates until we start working on the update.

The update will pretty much be a complete overhaul of the current content. We plan on doing smaller incremental updates at first, basically improving different parts of the asset as we finish them, moving towards a more polished product.

I will post in this thread as soon as we get that going, along with some more information :)

7. WildcardMoo

WildcardMoo

Cheers, thank you for the reply. "No idea" is a perfectly valid (and honest) answer that I can work with, so no worries. I simply wanted to avoid putting in the work in the case that you're confident the new version will be ready in a few months.

To be honest I assumed that it'll take longer and after @BioBurden set the gears in my head in motion went and started properly integrating your assets (replacing most of the code, tweaking animation times, fixing some mission transitions etc).

But I really appreciate the feedback, thanks again.

da_st likes this.
  8. GeekBeard

GeekBeard

Hi everyone,

Did anyone experience an issue of a "choppy" mouse movements?

I loaded the asset as is. Open any of the demo scenes - all is fine, no errors, but then when I move my mouse just to look around - it doesn't do a continuous smooth movement but rather does some weird "patchy" movement.

I can record it, but to describe in "words":

Expected: Start Mouse Movement |------------------------------->| Stop Mouse Movement
    What I have: Start Mouse Movement |------>PAUSE----------->PAUSE-------------->| Stop Mouse Movement

It's not frame rate or anything. It also kinds smoothly slowdowns and then again speeds up. It's very weird.

Ok, got the video while typing it all:

All PHYSICAL mouse movements are long continuous moves with my mouse along the mousepad, but you can see how it gets choppy. It feels like it stops every N degrees.

9. Muhammad_Taha

Muhammad_Taha

URP support?

10. Fukachuu

Fukachuu

Mouse movement accelerates when fps drops. how can i solve it?

Mouse movement accelerates when fps drops. how can i solve it?

11. Roseluck

Roseluck

I don't know if anyone asked this already but is there a good way to make different skin textures?

12. da_st

da_st

Hey guys,

We are now working full time on the Unity version, for those of you who don't know I am now working together with Octavian Tocan who is the programmer on the project!

We are currently working on bringing in all the new art content, such as updated character and weapon model, improved animations, and textures. Improving the systems that are currently in the asset is also a main priority for us, and were working towards getting them as close as possible to the Unreal version.

Stay tuned for more updates coming soon!

octavianToc, commonblob and CROWNED_D like this.
  13. CROWNED_D

CROWNED_D

Finally, I'm so damn glad to hear it!

octavianToc and da_st like this.
  14. somosky

somosky

In the new update will the First Person animations be set to Humanoid so we can switch out the arms?

15. da_st

da_st

I currently can't promise that this will be the case until we do some more testing, but we will definitely try our best to make them work with any humanoid character :)

16. commonblob

commonblob

Excited to see what you bring to Unity David. Please consider smaller, incremental updates rather than a long wait for all the bits you have been working on in Unreal! Good luck

da_st likes this.
  17. da_st

da_st

We do plan on releasing smaller updates initially, the first update will mainly include the new art content such as animations, models, characters, as well as improved code and systems!

commonblob likes this.
  18. octavianToc

octavianToc

Yo, what up!

19. da_st

da_st

CROWNED_D likes this.
  20. da_st

da_st

Hey, with the new update it is easier to change models, you can either use the included Blender source files to skin a custom model to the weapon rig, or swap out the weapon models directly inside of the engine.

21. BioBurden

BioBurden

Can't wait to try this - many thanks for the update David. :)

da_st likes this.
  22. JMyerscough

JMyerscough

is the third person animations mechanim? haven't bought yet but definitely will if it's a simple swap of the character model.

23. da_st

da_st

Hey, the characters are unfortunately not using a "humanoid" setup, the main reason for this is that we use custom bones in the rig for animating the weapon and IK bones.

With that being said the Blender source files are included (the character model and armature) which makes it possible to manually add any custom character to the pack, this workflow does require some previous experience using Blender, especially with weight painting.

We have in depth guides for adding custom characters and weapons in our discord server :)

24. paulojsam

paulojsam

sorry if its a dumb question, where are the install pdf to see what plugins are required?

25. Sandro-7

Sandro-7

Hello, I just bought the package, and the demo is amazing. I have a couple of questions.
    First of all I cannot find the documentation :-(
    Also I cannot find a way to jump nor to crunch.
    Then I noticed the model FPS (P_LPSP_FP_CH) touches the ground SLOOOWLY. Please can you help me?

Last edited: Jan 4, 2022
  26. da_st

da_st

Hello, the documentation is available on our Discord server: https://discord.gg/sqPFPe2uuU

After you get verified on the server all of the documentation will become available :)

27. da_st

da_st

Hey, please join our Discord server for support, we have a dedicated support channel for the asset, the documentation is also available there. :)

As for the jumping and crouching these features have not been added yet, they will most likely be included in the next update though!

28. wechat_os_Qy0zEK_wLy1gq0GphpbnmefkE

wechat_os_Qy0zEK_wLy1gq0GphpbnmefkE

Hello,I'm Chinese .I see this pack and I use it now.I think it is very perfect.Your code is neat,and I want to learn more from this pack.However, the Discord in the technical details you posted in the Resource store cannot be opened in China.S0,Could you please send me your development documents and tutorial videos in this resource? Thank you!

29. octavianToc

octavianToc

Hello!

Please send us an email: support@infimagames.com

Also, do add your Invoice No. We'll help you out over there! :)

30. im

im

31. SirDJCat

SirDJCat

When (if at all) is Emerald AI (or other ai) integration planned? Just wanting to get a rough estimate :)

trefun and lod3 like this.
  32. Talha113

Talha113

Can we make a mobile game from this asset? How can we change input to mobile input or UI input in this asset using the new input system?

33. Talha113

Talha113

How can we add mobile input in this asset using the new input system?

34. OutofStorageGames

OutofStorageGames

Hello. I was wondering if it’s possible to get V2 of the asset? I know it’s a weird thing to ask but I really love that version of the asset because of its style and look

35. SirJacobBlackFox

SirJacobBlackFox

Good morning, can I make a request or make a proposal to add a specific weapon to the pack?

36. Homicide

Homicide

So - this package looks real good, unfortuntaely, it has a few issues under the surface of a shiny asset store image.

First off, selling a product with absolutely not one page of documentation, is absolutely ridiculous. All in the name of anti piracy. LOL! So - thats great, pirates got your crap long ago, but you know who doesnt... me, a paying customer. I cant use it at all. Theres no pickups , no interactables, no demo showing how to do any of this stuff... the 'DEMOS' are literally a little tiny area with a bit of completely irrelevant information about how you made the asset.

Try and work with any decent asset (code / animation) based with no documentation... just a dirty dirty move to your legit customers, all the while having no impact on pirates at all. Than, one goes to verify, and gets told - it could take days if someone gets to it.... wtf.

Anyway, no way to customize controller / weapons/ items / pickups ... literally useless as is out of the box other than well ..'A Showcase' of your own work.

Im a fair man, and i will replace adjust my reviews / words if and when i see this change, but as of now, this has been the worst experience buying an asset in years... years... thousands of assets, never once encoutered this. And yes, theres alot of you out there with 'verify' going on ... but not one time have i ever seeen ZERO DOCUMENTATION.

Heh, maybe im just getting to old for this new generation. Whatever happened to customer service... what a joke.

GennadyS and Kiragan-Games like this.
  37. thebaddie

thebaddie

Hello, I'd like to know if the kit comes with some sort of parkour system (double jump, wall run) or how hard would it be to make one

38. zjn220322

zjn220322

how to hide these info

Attached Files:

39. polloewsw

polloewsw

So when is the next price cut, this time missed, and I really need it

40. IEdge

IEdge

Hello, I'm looking for a "complete" FPS solution for unity and LPSP seems to be what I'm looking for, so I have doubts about it, to be more precise, I would like to know if we can change arms models to my own in order to work with the template without much issues or, on the contrary, would I have to do some kind of modeling rigging work to achieve it? Thanks in advance!